For Dinner Tonight Try Chef Manish Mehrotra’s Lazy Midweek Meal
- Shireen Jamooji
Updated : August 18, 2022 06:08 IST
No more worrying about what to cook, let a Michelin-starred chef show you how it’s done.
You come home on a Thursday evening after a long day at work, kick off your shoes and wonder to yourself, ‘what’s for dinner?' At which point you’re assaulted by the crushing realisation that you’re an adult and have to answer that question yourself. Nobody likes midweek cooking. But unfortunately, unless you’re part of Elon Musk’s ever-expanding family tree, ordering in for every meal isn’t an option. So eventually we all roll up our sleeves and cobble together something that passes as food and call it a day.
But we’re pleased to report that there are midweek meals which can be delicious, indulgent and still take less time than a delivery. Chef Manish Mehrotra, the mind behind Michelin-starred restaurant, Indian Accent has delivered a gem direct from his kitchen to yours. Though he’s a globally recognised culinary genius and credited with putting Indian food on the map with his modern take on traditional flavours, even he struggles with cooking creatively on his days off. So he devised this straightforward prawn dish that can be put together in 15 minutes with a handful of ingredients but is guaranteed to hit the spot and make your lazy evening in feel even more luxurious. For best results, cook with a glass of Chardonnay as a companion.
- 500 gms prawns, small and cleaned
- 50 gms butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8-10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Handful of chopped parsley (optional)
- Melt the butter in a pan and drizzle in the olive oil to prevent it from burning.
- Add in the minced garlic and saute at medium heat to soften the garlic, reduce the heat if it starts to brown.
- Throw in the chilli flakes, pepper and oyster sauce, and stir to combine.
- Add the prawns and toss to coat them in the sauce.
- Saute for 3-5 minutes until cooked through.
- Finish with lime juice and parsley.
- Transfer to a plate and serve with bread, pasta or just enjoy with a glass of white wine!