Feel Delighted And Calm With This American Sweet Tea
- Ritisha Garg
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
A cold, sweet tea to relish on summer days and vacation.
Besides great food, summers call out for a fresh, refreshing drink that can lift you up during those exhaustive days when you feel completely worn out. Sweet tea is one of a kind mocktail which fits best during the summer days when you desire to have more than just a sip of a drink that you can make instantly and effortlessly. Sweet tea belongs to the family of mocktails, which is quite similar to an iced tea. A drink that enjoys immense popularity and has an already established fan base among Americans since centuries, is counted in their list of go-to drinks. Initially back in time, sweet tea was regarded as a luxurious drink as ice had to be shipped all the way from a region far away. At that time drinking cold water was a part of wealthy people’s lifestyle that could afford to lead a luxurious life. Of course things were different then and we have remarkably evolved over time. We feel glad that all of us can now experience the taste of this beloved mocktail right in our home, guilt free as it’s refreshing and can be prepared with just a handful of ingredients. Moreover, the drink is always served ice cold and packs a very sweet and a flavorful taste. Now let’s get into the making of this drink.
- 20 ml sugar syrup
- 60 ml black tea
- 10 ml lime juice
- 10 ml peach juice
- Take a pitcher filled with brewed tea and slowly pour sugar syrup over it. Keep it to cool down.
- Add lime and peach juice in the pitcher. Stir and mix well.
- Refrigerator the tea for 4-5 nights or overnight.
- When you’re ready to serve, make sure to pour over chilled glass filled with as many ice cubes as you can get.
- Make it charming in look by garnishing with a sprig of mint or lemon.
Celebrate the hot, lazy summer days with this one before it’s too late!