Father's Day 2022: Celebrate The Occasion With Chef Special Lunch Recipes
- Jasmine Kaur
Updated : June 19, 2022 03:06 IST
Go all out this Father’s Day and surprise him with these fancy dishes.
It is that time of the year when you should don the chef hat and do some experiments in the kitchen. After all, it is Father’s Day. Falling on the third Sunday of June every year, Father’s Day is being celebrated on 19th June, 2022. The love that a father and child share is inexplicable in words. Their bond, understanding and affection may not be expressive at all times but is definitely reflected in their actions. Dads are often the greatest superheroes for their kids and their paternal love goes beyond words. If dads can make children’s day special by cooking our favourite meals, why can’t we? Head to the kitchen and wear that apron because you have lots of cooking to do this Sunday.
You could cook them a special breakfast in the morning or simply serve bed tea by getting up slightly early. Then decide on some fun activities to spend time with him like taking him out for shopping or watching a movie together. After a great bonding session, when dad is feeling hungry, don’t take that route to the restaurant. Instead, head back home and make these chef-special recipes for him. This will not only make him feel wanted but also show him how important is he in your life.
Father’s Day Lunch Recipes
Truffle & Potato Frittata
- Oil-1 tbsp
- Butter-1 tbsp
- Onions chopped-20 gms
- Winter white truffle oil-5 ml
- Thinly sliced potato-25 gms
- Salt to taste
- Parmesan cheese-10 gms
- Flat-leaf parsley-5 gms
- Break eggs into a mixing bowl add salt, and parsley & whisk well.
- Take a pan add oil + butter and heat the oil and butter. Add the thinly sliced potato and fry in oil for a minute.
- Now add the batter over the potatoes. You could cover the omelet for 40-45 secs and then remove the lid.
- Check if it's cooked from one side, gently flip over the other side to cook. Once it's slightly brown, finish it with truffle oil and parmesan.
- Serve the frittata with toasted bread, and tomato ketchup.
This recipe has been shared by Chef Chiranjeev Paingankar, Sous Chef at Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn Bengaluru Embassy Manyata Business Park. He has shared this dish as a childhood favorite at home.
Grilled Lobster Rolls With Apple And Cabbage Slaw
- Butter-15 gms
- Bread rolls-2
- Cooked lobster meat-200 gms
- Celery chopped-1 stick
- Mayonnaise-100 gms
- Iceberg lettuce-½
- Purple cabbage-30 gms
- Green apple- 1
- Preheat a pan until really hot.
- Butter the rolls on both sides and grill on both sides until toasted and lightly charred.
- Trim and chop the celery, chop the lobster meat in chunks and combine with the mayonnaise. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Open warm grilled buns and top with the lobster mixture.
Method For Slaw
- Finely shred the purple cabbage.
- Cut the green apple in fine juliennes.
- Combine cabbage and apple with the mayonnaise. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Place the slaw on top of the lobster roll serve along with french fries.
This recipe has been shared by Chef Shubham Shinh, Sous Chef at Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn Bengaluru Embassy Manyata Business Park. He has shared this recipe as a great memory from his travels.