Your kids will love this chocolate tart dessert
Kids can never say no to chocolates. They just love chocolates. Prepare them the classic Milk Chocolate Tart. They will surely savour it. It is a wonderful way to get the kids indulged in kitchen activities from the very beginning and there can be no better place than a kitchen to start – as rightly said, equality begins at home. Though it can be a little messy, these will be sweetly cherished. Engage them in whisking and mixing, and even they are going to love it. This Milk Chocolate Tart is a perfect pudding for kids. The smoothness of chocolate along with the crunch of the coconut and graham cracker crust will keep the moms busy in the kitchen, baking.
Research says chocolate can be enjoyed as part of a balanced, heart-healthy diet and lifestyle. Chocolate originates from the Aztec word ‘xocoati’, referring to a bitter drink brewed from cacao beans. Quetzalcoati, the feathered serpent God is the God of Chocolate. Chocolate’s 5,300-year history marked its beginning in Mexico, where the first cacao plants were found. Olmec civilization in Latin America turned the cacao plant into chocolate. The first-ever chocolate bar was moulded in 1847 from a concoction of sugar, chocolate liquor and cocoa butter in 1847. Milk Chocolate was manufactured in 1876 by adding dried milk powder to chocolate. Here’s the recipe.
Preparation time: 5 hr 35 min
Cooking time: 10 min
For the crust:
• 250g graham crackers
• ½ cup desiccated coconut, unsweetened
• 175g unsalted butter, melted
• Milk Chocolate Filling
• ⅔ cup sugar
• 6 tbsp cornstarch
• ½ tsp salt
• 4 egg yolks
• 3 cups milk
• 1 tbsp vanilla extract
• 1 tbsp butter
• 400g milk chocolate
• 250ml whipping cream
• ½ cup powdered sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 tbsp cocoa powder
For the crust:
1. Add the graham crackers and coconut to a food processor and blitz until you reach a fine crumb. Add the melted butter and pulse until the crumbs are coated in the butter.
2. Transfer the crumb into a pie tart tin with a removable bottom. Use the back of a tablespoon to firmly press the mixture around the sides and bottom of the tart tin. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
For the milk chocolate filling:
1. To make the filling add the cornstarch, salt and sugar into a large microwave safe bowl and whisk together until well combined. Add the egg yolks and whisk until mixed.
2. Next add the milk and vanilla and whisk. Microwave for 5 minutes on HIGH, then whisk. Microwave for an additional 1 minute at a time until the mixture thickens.
3. Add the butter and milk chocolate and whisk until melted and well combined.
4. Pour the mixture into the pie shell and let it set in the fridge for 4 hours.
5. To prepare the cream, add the cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl and use an electric hand mixer to whisk to stiff peaks.
6. Split the mixture into two bowls and add the cocoa powder to one.
7. Fold until well combined.
For the cream:
1. Add the creams into two separate piping bags fitted with a piping tip and pipe little bulbs of the cream on the set pie before serving.