How To Make Eggless Chocolate Mousse Cake At Home?
- Gatika Pal
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
If you are craved for something chocolatey similar to Dominos wala mousse cake and want to try your hands on the recipe, then this delicious eggless chocolate mousse is the excellent choice for you!
This recipe is especially for chocolate lovers! This chocolate mousse cake recipe is egg-free and does not use any gelatin or thickener ingredient like corn starch or jelly powder. Instead, we need five essential ingredients, which you can easily find in your kitchen. Each bite of this mousse melts up tenderly in your mouth. It's a perfect dessert suitable for every occasion. The prep time of eggless chocolate mousse cake is around 15-20 minutes. It contains almost 496kcal, protein 9.8 g, carbs 71.6 g, fibre 0.4 g, fat 37. 2 g, and sodium 142.9 mg.
For Chocolate Mousse Cake:
- 1 eggless chocolate sponge cake
- 2 cup of whipped cream
- 2 tablespoon of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of roughly chopped dark chocolate
- ¼ cup of milk
- ¼ tablespoon of vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoon of honey
For Soaking Syrup:
- ½ cup of warm water
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of rum
You May Also Like
¼ cup of grated fine dark chocolate (chocolate chips)
- Combine the dark chocolate and milk in a bowl and microwave it for around 30 seconds; give a stir in intervals until no lumps remain
- Add vanilla essence and honey, mix well, and keep the mixture aside.
- Combine the sugar and whipped cream in a deep bowl and fold gently.
- Add the chocolate-honey mix into it and fold.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and keep that aside.
- Place the chocolate sponge cake on a flat dry surface/ plate and slice them horizontally into 2 layers
- Soak or pour 3 tablespoons of soaking syrup into each layer of cake.
- Divide one part of the whisked cream mixture evenly on the bottom layer of the cake with a flat plated butter knife.
- Cover it with another layer of cake with a soaked layer facing upwards.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream mixture evenly on the whole cake with the help of a butter knife.
- Refrigerate the cake for around 1 hour.
- Garnish it with dark grated chocolate.
And, lastly, enjoy the eggless mousse cake with your loved ones!