Easy Eggless Recipe To Recreate Katrina Kaif’s Favourite Dish - Pancake
- Aprajita Sharad
Updated : June 03, 2022 04:06 IST
Of late, the Bollywood star has been posting a lot of pancake pictures on social media
Katrina Kaif’s trip to America has been all about indulging in delicious meals and celebrating Vicky Kaushal’s birthday. The one dish that Katrina seems to be enjoying the most and has been posting photos of over and over again is - pancakes. Sometimes topped with chocolate bits and at other instances with strawberry chunks, Katrina’s favourite pancakes are smeared with syrup and look absolutely tempting.
Did you know that pancakes were originally invented as a way of using up all the leftover food? Interestingly the highest number of pancakes made by a person in one hour is 1092 and this record was set by Ross McCurdy, owner of a cafe in Washington in 2013.
If you’ve been craving for a fluffy pancake, ever since seeing them on Katrina’s Instagram page, here’s an easy eggless recipe by Chef Kunal Kapoor:
- One teaspoon of melted butter
- 3/4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 banana
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Half tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- Mix the banana and milk and blend it.
- Add this to a bowl and further mix in flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon and melted butter.
- Keep whisking them together as you mix them, so that there are no lumps.
- Heat a pan and coat it with some butter.
- Pour a ladle of the batter in the centre and let it cook till bubbles emerge on the top.
- Drizzle some butter on top and flip to cook. Once cooked, remove to a plate.
- Repeat the same steps with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot pancakes with chocolate sauce or maple syrup, garnished with strawberry or chocolate bits.
Recently, Katrina and Vicky also visited Priyanka Chopra’s fine-dining Indian restaurant in New York. Posting a snap of their dinner date, Katrina wrote, “Home away from home - Sona New York. Loved the vibe - Priyanka Chopra as always everything you do is just amazing”. In a quick reply to Katrina’s story, Priyanka wrote, “Love you honey! So glad you guys could make it. Sona New York welcomes you anytime...#homeawayfromhome.”
Katrina and Vicky’s food was cooked by the executive chef of Sona, Hari Nayak. Wondering what one can order from this restaurant? The menu of this restaurant seems to be multi-regional and features dishes from various parts of India - like Rajasthani Lamb, Malabar Chicken Biryani, Punjabi Saag and Kerala Red Rice among others. It also has festive menus with special prices.