From Greek Pita Pizzas To Mango Tacos: 5 Dishes To Relish This Eid al-Adha
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Eid al-Adha 2021: Relish These 5 Dishes While Celebrating The Festival Of Sacrifice.
This year, Eid-al-Adha in India will begin in the evening today (20 July) and end tomorrow (21 July). It is a religious festival of Islam celebrated by Muslims. Eid-al-Adha roughly translates to ‘feast of sacrifice’ and requires sacrificing a sheep/lamb/goat to commemorate Ibrahim’s willingness to sacrifice his son to obey Allah's command. So here are some healthy and easy to cook dishes that you can try this Eid. These recipes by Vinsplate will be a treat to your taste buds.
Dish 1 - Greek pita pizzas
You May Also Like
Rava Tacos: How To Make This Mexican Dish In Indian Style
Eid-Ul-Adha 2022: 6 Recipes For Your Celebratory Feast This Eid
Bakra Eid special recipe: Enjoy exotic flavours of Lamb Sambousek on Eid-ul-Adha
Bakra Eid recipe: Try traditional Moroccan dish of Chicken Tagine on Eid-ul-Adha
Eid-Al-Adha 2022: 5 Mouth-Watering Recipes From Lucknow
- Pita Bread
- 1 cup Hummus
- Cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Romaine Lettuce (chopped) or basil leaves
- 1 Green cucumber
- 1/4 small Red Onion (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake pita for about 5 minutes or until warmed.
- Spread hummus on each pita. In a bowl, add olive oil, a few pinches of salt and grape tomatoes. Let marinate for several minutes.
- Top pita bread with romaine lettuce, marinated tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, olives and feta cheese.
Dish 2 - Mango tacos
- Homemade Gluten-free taco shells
- 2 large ripe mangos chopped
- 1 finely chopped large red tomato deseeded
- 1 finely chopped red onion
- 2 finely chopped seeds removed green chillies
- 10 to 12 basil leaves
- 1 cup of boiled kidney beans
- Salt to taste
- 1 Lime juice
- Place the chopped mango, tomato, onion, chillies, red kidney beans in a mixing bowl. Add salt and squeeze lime juice over the top, gently toss to coat.
- Chill the mango salsa for 30 minutes so flavours can mingle.
- Garnish the taco shells with mango salsa and chopped basil leaves.
Dish 3 - Spicy sesame broad noodles
- 1 packet noodles (ramen / broad)
- Thinly sliced red bell peppers
- 1/3 cup tamari or any soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp chilli garlic sauce
- 1 to 2 tsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry chilli flakes
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Chopped greens of the spring onion
- Cook the noodles until they are chewy.
- In a saucepan, heat sesame oil, add the bell peppers and any veggies of your choice.
- Add the ginger, garlic, chilli flakes and continue sautéing for another minute.
- Combine tamari, chilli garlic sauce, maple syrup or honey, black pepper, lime juice, and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the saucepan, let the sauce boil, and add the noodles.
- Toss the noodles to combine with the sauce and the veggies.
- Garnish noodles with toasted sesame seeds and the greens of the spring onion.
Dish 4 - Zucchini Rolls with herbed cottage cheese and spinach
Ingredients for Tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 3.5 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoon red chilli
Ingredients for Zucchini rolls:
- 2 large zucchini
- 2 cups cottage cheese grated
- Fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- Garlic crushed
- A tiny bunch of cooked spinach squeezed dry
How do you make them?
- Slice zucchini lengthwise.
- Grill them with salt and pepper.
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread over zucchini slices and roll-up.
Let's assemble them in a casserole
- Spread the tomato sauce in the bottom of a casserole
- Place the zucchini rolls on the tomato sauce
- Serve it hot and enjoy
Dish 5 - Hors d'oeuvre
- 1 Brun bread or sourdough
- 1 cup of cottage cheese crumbled
- 1 cup of chopped bell pepper
- Few spinach leaves blanched, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of hung curd
- 4 clove garlic minced
- 3 finely chopped green chillies
- 1 cup mozzarella/regular cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup parsley/cilantro finely chopped
- Few leaves of basil leave chopped
- 2 to 3 sprigs of thyme
- Squeeze of lime
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven
- Meanwhile, cut the top from the brown bread and scoop the soft bread out of the centre. Place the brown bread in the oven to make it slightly crispy.
- Transfer the mixture into the crispy brown bread. Top it with a little shredded cheese. Then, please put it back into the oven.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes or until the bread is golden.
- Serve with croutons and vegetable sticks.