Desserts Are All About A Slice Of The Good Life
- Ayandrali Dutta
Updated : July 21, 2022 13:07 IST
Desserts can easily be termed as "mood food" as you’re feeling down, it can be tempting to turn to them to lift your spirit
Good food = good mood and when that is a wholesome selection that takes you on a sensory journey, it’s called the Aujasya menu and the all-day diner Quattro at The Leela Bhartiya City Bengaluru presents the wellness menu 'Aujasya' for that guilt free indulgence.
Chef Nayindra, Executive Sous Chef, The Leela Bhartiya City Bengaluru says This Bitter Chocolate Orange Pave is not just about being health conscious, I think it's very rich in cocoa and provides a complete balance of nutrition, taste and flavour. This dessert is very creamy and is sure to melt away your sweet tooth desire”
Bitter Chocolate Orange Pave
For Gluten free sponge
• Egg white – 385 gms
• Stevia sugar – 30 gms
• Egg yolk – 215 gms
• Callebaut cocoa powder – 100 gms
• Beat the egg whites, add stevia and yolk one by one and fold it
• Once combined well, fold the cocoa powder
• Spread in a tray with silicon mat and spread in a 1mm thickness and bake it at 180 c for 8 minutes
For the whipped ganache
• 700 gms dark chocolate 70% -
• 200 gms elle & vire cream –
• 3 gms orange zest – 3 GM
• Boil the cream first and then add dark chocolate and orange zest. Cover this with foil and let it infuse for 30 minutes
• Then put the mixture in a litre jar and blend with stick blender with cold cream for about 3 minutes
• Transfer it in a container and let it set for a day
• Beat with paddle attachment and pour in as desired and finish with gluten free sponge.
For the Passion Fruit Balm
• Passion fruit puree – 280 GM
• Stevia sugar – 10 GM
• Agar-agar - 5 GM
• Put Passion puree in a pot. Once it’s warm, mix the sugar and agar-agar and then add it to the liquid.
• Bring to a boil and cook for 30 seconds. Allow it to cool down completely in the fridge.
• Once it’s set, blend it in a mixture to a gel-like texture
• Splash chocolate sauce on plate
• Place the whipped ganache with Gluten free sponge base
• Garnish with passion balm & orange segments
Chef Gurpreet, Senior Sous Chef, The Leela Bhartiya City Bengaluru says “Ragi Payasam is a delicious Indian dessert made with ragi, milk, nuts and flavored with cardamom. Ragi Payasam is a soft and creamy dessert, flavourful in taste and infused with cardamom flavor that is a delight to the palate.
• 50 gm - Ragi paste
• 50 gm - Ragi broken
• 100 ml - Coconut milk
• 100 ml - Low fat milk
• 150 gm – Jaggery
• 25 Gms – Pista
• 25 Gms - Chironji
• Add Ragi paste and sauté for 3-5 mins in low flame. Now add milk.
• Add 1/2 cup water, whisk well to avoid lumps. Boil in low flame and stir continuously
• Cook until it becomes thick and creamy in consistency. It will be slightly shiny and this shows the flour is cooked completely
• Now add Jaggery along with coconut milk. Whisk well. Add Jaggery only after the flour is cooked completely.
• Add pista and rosted chironji to the payasam and serve.