3 Delicious Chhattisgarh Dishes You Must Try This New Year's Eve
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 27, 2022 14:01 IST
Do you like Chhattisgarhi dishes? Then this new year eve, surprise everyone with these easy delicious recipes at home.
In 2000, a new state was carved out of Madhya Pradesh, known as Chhattisgarh. It is a significant state rich in mineral wealth and is known all over India for its tradition, culture and its excellent food. There are many such dishes famous all over India today but have you tried the cuisine of Chhattisgarh yet? No, then read this article because today we will tell you about the recipes of some dishes of Chhattisgarh, which you can easily prepare at home this new year. So, be ready to surprise your guests and family with these recipes.
- Salt - according to taste
- Gram flour - 150 grams
- Kasoori methi - 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Carom seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 cup
How to make thethri?
- Firstly, mix salt, chilli powder, oil, carom seeds, ghee and kasoori methi well in gram flour. After mixing, add some water and knead it like a dough.
- After kneading the dough, cover it for at least 8 to 10 minutes and keep it in a vessel. After 10 minutes, make small balls from it.
- After making the balls, please make them in the shape of a rope (a little longer) and stick both sides together.
- After heating oil in a pan, please put it on a medium flame. When golden fried, take it out on a plate and serve it with tea or chutney. You can also store it for a few days.
- Semolina - 1/2 cup (optional)
- Fennel powder - 1/2 tsp
- Wheat flour - 2 cups
- Cardamom - 5 to 6
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Curd - 3 tsp
- Oil - 2 cups
How to make gulgula?
- First of all, mix sugar, fennel powder and sugar with flour. After mixing, add little water along with curd and mix it well.
- After making the solution, check whether there is no or more water. If more water is visible in the solution, you can add extra semolina.
- After this, heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. After the oil is hot, put the prepared mixture in a dumpling shape.
- You can put 7 to 8 dumplings together for frying if you want and keep stirring it in between.
- When all the four sides are cooked well and become light golden, you can take it out on a plate and serve.
- Dry coconut - 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour - 2 cups
- Groundnut - 1/2 cup
- Jaggery - 1/2 cup
- Ghee - 2 spoons
- Semolina - 1 cup
How to make khurmi?
- First of all, mix wheat flour and semolina in a vessel. Then, keep the other side of the jaggery in the water and leave it.
- With the help of water, knead ghee, coconut, peanuts, gond into the same flour like a dough and keep it aside for 4 to 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, roll it into the shape of a ball, keeping in mind that it has to be kept slightly thick. Now, with a knife's help, cut it in the form of a barfi and keep it aside.
- On the other side, heat oil in a pan and leave it to fry on low flame. Turn off the gas when you feel that the khurmi is fried well.
If you liked this story, share it on our Facebook page and stay connected with Slurrp to read more such articles.