It is filling, hearty, and bursting with flavour, colour, and texture. This warm dish of chicken, rice, and vegetables in a rich, creamy broth is just what the doctor might've ordered for a chilly evening. This soup will cheer you up no matter how you're feeling—cold, sick, down, or just plain hungry.
This extremely creamy chicken and rice soup will satisfy your yearning for comfort food. It is filling, hearty, and bursting with flavour, colour, and texture. This warm dish of chicken, rice, and vegetables in a rich, creamy broth is just what the doctor might've ordered for a chilly evening. This soup will cheer you up no matter how you're feeling—cold, sick, down, or just plain hungry. You might hardly believe it all comes together in one pot because it is so warm and soothing. And it just takes 30 minutes to finish. Hence, prepare this chicken and rice soup tonight. You are not going to regret it. The entire family will enjoy this creamy chicken rice soup as a lunch or dinner. It's essentially bliss in a bowl with sturdy rice, flavorful chicken, and creamy broth. It's the kind of soup that even picky eaters and children can't refuse. It's a complete meal in one serving because it includes grains, protein, and vegetables.
Here's how you can make this delicious soup at home:
• 450 g of uncooked, bite-size pieces of chicken breast
• 3/4 cup uncooked white jasmine rice
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 3 tablespoons of flour
• 4 cup chicken stock
• 2 medium peeled and finely chopped carrots
• 1/2 medium chopped onion
• 1 stick of finely chopped celery
• 3 cloves of minced garlic
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Prepare the chicken and vegetables.
• Add the celery, carrots, onion, and olive oil to a soup pot and cook over medium-high heat. Sauté while occasionally stirring for 5-7 minutes.
• After adding the garlic, stir briefly.
• After stirring and cooking for a minute, add the flour.
• Pour the broth in gradually while stirring or scraping the browned bits off the bottom of the pot until the flour has dissolved.
• Then rice, cream, and Italian spice are all added together. Give the soup a good stir, turn down the heat so it is simmering, and then cover the pot with the lid slightly ajar once it has softly boiled on high heat.
• The soup should simmer for 10 minutes. It is preferable to stir it every now and then to avoid the rice sticking to the bottom of the saucepan.
• Once the rice and chicken are both cooked, add the chicken and simmer for an additional 7 to 10 minutes. When necessary, season with salt and pepper.
Every soup tastes great with crusty bread on the side. You will also like garlic bread with this soup, though. Or, if you prefer a lighter alternative to the hearty and filling soup, prepare a quick and zingy salad. Although the soup already has chicken, add buttered mushrooms for an additional protein boost.