Cinnamon And Honey: How Is It Beneficial For Your Health?
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Do you know that honey has a low hypoglycemia index, which aids in blood sugar regulation?
Cinnamon and honey are two ingredients that offer numerous health benefits. However, according to Ayurvedic tradition, combining the two can be much more helpful. The combination of cinnamon and honey can aid in combatting many health issues, including an upset stomach, cold, cough, strengthening the body's immunity, and treating bladder infections, and the list goes on.
Benefits of Honey
Honey has a long history of being known for its medicinal benefits, which are beneficial to both skin and hair. Egyptians used it as a therapeutic remedy in the past and even documented it. Minerals and enzymes are plentiful. It is frequently used as an antibiotic and contains antioxidants that protect the body from free radicals (damaging cells). It's a sugar substitute that's both healthful and natural.
Benefits of Cinnamon
Cinnamon is a flavorful and aromatic spice widely used to enhance the flavour and scent of baked goods. It is, however, much more than that. It has long been recognized for its extraordinary therapeutic qualities. Cinnamon is rich in antioxidants, which protect the body from cellular damage. As a result, it aids in the body's fight against infections and the repair of tissue damage. It helps people with diabetes by slowing the digestion of carbs in the intestine. It also aids in the treatment of bacterial and fungal diseases.
Ms Preeti Chadha, Founder of IREMIA, shares five ailments that can be helped by combining honey and cinnamon.
- Good for Healing Wounds: Both provide an excellent component for healing wounds and different skin illnesses when combined. Cinnamon's antibacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities aid the body's battle against infections and inflammation. Honey includes hydrogen peroxide, which inhibits bacterial development and speeds up wound healing even further. For optimal effects, apply cinnamon oil mixed with honey on wounds caused by infections or any other condition. Instant remedy if you have skin rashes in summer, apply honey on them and wash them with cold water.
- Lower risk of heart disease: Cinnamon and honey mixed can also assist in lowering cholesterol levels. High cholesterol levels can promote atherosclerosis (plaque buildup inside arteries), leading to various heart-related problems. To maintain your heart healthy, mix three tablespoons of cinnamon powder with two teaspoons of honey in some tea water and drink it daily.
- Acne: Acne can be treated with honey and cinnamon paste. Then, apply the paste to the pimples and leave it on for the night. For example, if you have eczema, ringworm, or other skin problems, honey and cinnamon can help you get rid of them.
- Bad breath: Apply cinnamon and honey paste to your teeth and gums daily. The paste can assist in preventing harmful bacteria from spreading inside the mouth, which produces bad breath.
- Cold and cough: Honey and cinnamon are antibacterial, antiviral, and antimicrobial, which means they can combat the virus that causes cough and colds.