With Christmas comes different kinds of fun food traditions to try, and the gingerbread and plum pudding ones are just a few. If you are looking for something different, then try out different marshmallow sandwiches to make your Christmas Eve snacks more festive. Here are unique combinations that you can try out with your friends.
As the Christmas season approaches, there are various kinds of traditions with fun snacks and foods that you can try out in your home to honour the festival and its rich heritage. Most people are aware of the traditions around making plum cake and gingerbread, but if you are looking for something special for Christmas Eve, then making a marshmallow sandwich is a great idea.
Marshmallow is one of the most favourite and loved Christmas Eve snacks that you can try alongside the gingerbread tradition to make your evenings fun and food-filed. Sitting by the fire roasting a piece of marshmallow and taking together another piece of it with different kinds of fillings can be a game changer with a hot glass of milk on a winter evening. Bonus points if you are trying this out on Christmas Eve or your holidays this year.
Explore a list of elegant marshmallow sandwiches that you can try this Christmas to make your Christmas evening full of snacks and sweetness, preparing for Santa to come. Keep reading to know more about it!
1. Classic S'mores Sandwich: It is simply not fair to start a marshmallow sandwich article without a classic S'mores sandwich. Classic S'mores sandwich is still one of the most flavorful and cloudy marshmallow sandwiches one can have by roasting the sides up in the fire, making a crispy outer texture with a softer inside between the crackers of your choice. One can also add lots of cinnamon dust to it for the taste to get more enhanced and wonderful.
2. Peppermint Bark Marshmallow Sandwich: The Peppermint Bark marshmallow sandwich is a perfect game changer if you are a fan of something minty and cloudy at the same time. The sweetness is perfectly balanced with the minty flavour, and the marshmallow is very warm and soft. You can also elevate the snack with lots of dry fruits and mint powder or even pudina extracts to make the dish more classy as a dessert.
3. Gingerbread Marshmallow Delight: Why not make a marshmallow sandwich a tradition alongside gingerbread making tradition? Marshmallows and gingerbread together are a perfect combination of everything tasty and fruity in the holiday season. The perfect combination of pillowy marshmallows and fragrant gingerbread serves as a brilliant snack that is to be dipped with warm milk, having some family time making the most cosy ambience just with a little snack.
4. Cranberry Bliss Marshmallow Bars: If you love different kinds of jams and the pillowy texture of marshmallows, then you may be in love with cranberry bliss marshmallow bars. You can take a cranberry chocolate and smash it between the marshmallows before roasting it to make the perfect cranberry bliss dipped in warm milk or hot chocolate.
5. Nutella and Marshmallow Sandwiches: Hot chocolate with nutella filled marshmallows is a perfect snack that can cheer you up in your christmas holidays. You just need to make sure that you have perfectly balanced the filling between the marshmallows before roasting it to create a wonderful snack which is filled with chocolate centre and cloudy texture. Nutella and marshmallows can also be served as a side with hot chocolate and flavoured milk drinks.
6. Toasted Coconut Marshmallow Sandwich: If you don't want your marshmallow to be extremely sweet, then you can add different unsweetened coconut flakes to enhance the flavour and reduce the sweetness, making it a perfect sandwich for you to dip in milk or hot chocolate in a cold winter day. The crispiness from the coconut can also be a very good texture addition to elevate the marshmallow sandwich. One can also add different flakes of pistachios to make the dish tastier.
7. Chocolate-Peanut Butter Marshmallow: If you like your marshmallows to be soft and crunchy at the same time, you can fill the marshmallows with chocolate peanut butter and roast it on fire to create a perfect creamy texture with lots of crunchiness. You can also add lots of peanuts to it to make it more crispy and flavourful. To elevate the dish you can sprinkle cinnamon dust too.