Chocolate Ice-Cream Day: Chocolate and Ice-cream have been listed as the two of the most famous comfort food. Imagine if they are combined; what a blissful zone would you be instantly transferred to? This is the zone we quite often want to find ourselves, irrespective of the weather. On this Chocolate Ice Cream Day, Chef Murugan Sailappan from The Westin Mumbai shares his recipe of Chocolate Ice-Cream you can try at home and enjoy.
Chocolate Icecream Recipe by Pastry Chef, Murugan Sailappan, The Westin Mumbai
- Prep. Time – 15 minutes
- Cooking time – 30minutes
- Serving – 4
Ingredients Qty Units
- Dark Belgian chocolate chips: 120 grams
- Egg yolk: 4 each
- Castor sugar: 60 grams
- Liquid Glucose: 30 grams
- Vanilla pod: 1 each
- Double cream: 370 millilitres
- Take double cream and liquid glucose, add a clean saucepan, immerse a vanilla bean and place on gas on a medium flame.
- Slowly keep stirring the mixture with a wire whisk in a clockwise direction for 10 minutes.
- In a double boiler, whisk the sugar, egg yolks in a bowl until pale yellow and creamy texture, about 2-3 minutes and keep it aside. This mixture is called a sabayon.
- Then add the sabayon to the above cream mixture slowly and whisking in a clockwise direction.
- Heat the cream and sabayon mixture on a medium flame stirring continuously, until it thickens enough to coat the back of the spoon.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 1-2mins.
- Add the melted chocolate to the above custard, whisk to infuse the chocolate uniformly.
- Pour the above mixture into an ice cream container and chill it for 2 hours.
- Churn the above ice cream mixture in an ice cream maker until set, then store in the freezer until required.
Final presentation: Dust with cocoa powder and serve with some extra shavings of chocolate.