Chicken Drumsticks: An Ideal Non Veg Starter
- Team Slurrp
Updated : August 26, 2022 14:08 IST
A perfect lip smacking non-veg starter that makes you drool in its taste
There is no doubt that chicken is an incredibly filling food. And drumsticks made of chicken? Everyone loves that portion best! You may be sure that your family and friends will enjoy the dinner immensely if it is on the menu. All of us have those days when we are too exhausted and don't feel like spending all day in the kitchen. That said, you can still anticipate a plateful of nicely cooked chicken. This recipe for chicken drumsticks makes quick midweek suppers as well as tasty bite-sized snacks that your guests will devour in no time. Chicken smoky drumsticks are the perfect starters to go with.
You can eat them up to three times a week, and each time they get better and better. Just a few of the thousands of ingredients that go well with chicken drumsticks include pepper, salt, pesto, herbs, yoghurt, garlic, ginger, barbecue sauce, spicy sauce, and mustard. Here's a quick lesson in musical history to celebrate Thanksgiving. Do you know the origin of the word "drumstick"? Because it resembled the percussion drumsticks that people in the 1500s were familiar with, the current word drumstick—as in turkey drumstick—was given that name in the 16th century. They were able to observe drumsticks in the early 1500s in person or through drawings and paintings (see above photo), which differed from how they appear today.
They appeared more like mallets back then. The Teponaztli is a percussion instrument that was used by native people. To beat the Teponaztli, they utilised two sticks they named Olmaitl (rubber hands). Olmaitl's form is quite similar to drumsticks, the black meat on modern poultry. Because of this, someone (probably a musician) put two and two together and began referring to the leg of the turkey (or chicken) as a "drumstick," and the moniker caught on.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 3 lbs.)
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Red Chilli Powder
- Ginger Garlic paste
- Oil or Ghee, Butter can be used too
Method For Preparation:
- Wash the chicken drumsticks properly and make a few cuts in the chicken drumsticks and keep aside
- Now take all the spices, salt and some ginger garlic paste into a bowl and mix properly
- Now coat the drumsticks with this spicy mixture. Keep all the marinated drumsticks aside for a while
- Now take some ghee (clarified butter) or butter on a preheated skillet and place all the chicken drumsticks one by one on that.
- You can see how juicy the chicken is when it starts getting cooked slowly
- Now cover the drumsticks with a lid and let them get cooked properly
- You will have to check whether the chicken in between is cooked properly or not
- After the drumsticks get cooked properly, take them out on a plate from the skillet
- Now burn a piece of coal and keep in a smaller bowl
- Place the bowl in between the plate where you have already placed the chicken and all some ghee to it. When the smoke starts to come out, cover it with the lid so that the whole chicken gets covered properly
- This gives a smoky flavour to the chicken drumsticks
- Now add some mustard sauce if you want to or you can have without that too
- Chicken drumsticks are ready to serve hot
The most ideal chicken portion is its drumsticks or legs, which are loaded with protein and are so juicy that might make you cry with happiness.