HT City Unwind: Chef Saby’s Amazing Recipes Set The Stage On Fire At Slurrp Masterchef Cookout Zone
- Tanisha Salwan
Updated : October 13, 2022 10:10 IST
From Ragi brownie to Chicken Suya Kebab, Chef Saby's live cooking session was a treat!
India’s biggest food and music festival is going on and it is hard for us to be calm and not excited. The festival started with great enthusiasm on the 7th of October i.e., Friday and today i.e., the 9th of October is the last day of this amazing festival happening at Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium in Delhi.
Delhiites had a great time experiencing their favourite chefs hosting live cooking sessions. After having a great time with chef Kunal Kapur, chef Vaibhav Bhargava, chef Nishant Choubey, chef Tarun Sibal and chef Noah Barnes on the first and second days, we are too excited to be a part of the live cooking session of chef Saby, chef Harpal Sokhi, chef Varun Inamdar, chef Dayashankar Sharma, and chef Nishant Choubey. You can imagine how amazing this day is going to be!!! Just to make your day special, here's how our loved chefs posed at HT City Unwind's Slurrp Masterchef Cookout.
Chef Dayashankar Sharma, Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi, and Chef Saby having their best time
Chef Saby doesn’t need an introduction but for those who don’t know, Chef Saby is a recipient of the President of India's award for Best Chef and enjoys a cult following as the dynamic President of the Young Chefs' Forum of IFCA. He took over the Slurrp Masterchef Cookout Zone on 9th October and shared some of his exclusive recipes followed by some secret tips and tricks among the audience. Chef Nishant Choubey was also seen sharing the stage with chef Saby. Amazing, isn’t it? For the live cooking session, chef Saby chose to share the recipe for Eggless chocolate brownies, Ragi brownies, and Chicken Suya Kebabs. I know you guys are drooling!!
Image: Chef Saby making Chicken Suya Kebab in the live cooking session
Before you start searching for these recipes on the internet, we have sorted this out for you. Yes, we have shared the exclusive recipes of Chef Saby for you, just for you!! So, let us not waste any more time and have a look.
Suya Chicken Kebab
For Chicken Skewers
- 500 gm chicken breasts
- 20 gm ginger-garlic paste
- 10 gm peri-peri seasoning
- 10 gm Kashmiri red chili powder
- Salt to taste
For Suya Powder
- 200 gm walnut
- 100 gm onion powder
- 100 gm garlic powder
- 50 gm paprika
- Salt to taste
- 30 gm seasoning
- 200 gm mayonnaise
- Clean the chicken breast and cut it into cubes of 10 gm each.
- Skewer these chicken cubes.
- Place all the skewers on the pan.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, hot seasoning, Kashmiri red chili powder, and salt.
- Mix well and let it rest for 6 hours/overnight.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté these skewers.
- Once cooked, coat it in the Suya powder.
- Plate and serve hot with flavoured mayonnaise.
Eggless Chocolate Brownie
- 300 gm sugar
- 300 gm butter
- 15 ml vanilla essence
- 100 ml milk maid
- 250 gm flour
- 75 gm cocoa powder
- 15 hm tapioca
- 400 gm chocolate
- 500 ml milk
- Cream butter & sugar till fluffy.
- Warm milk, add milkmaid and melt chocolate in the microwave and add them together.
- Add this mixture to butter & sugar cream and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Glaze the baking tray, and pour the mixture.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes.
- Let it cool down and serve.
Gluten-Free Healthy Ragi Brownie
- 90 gm ragi flour
- 185 gm butter
- 200 gm dark chocolate
- 40 gm cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 134 gm sugar
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Mix ragi flour, baking powder and set aside .
- Melt chocolate and set aside to cool.
- Take eggs in a bowl and use a beater to whip it.
- Add in sugar little by little and whip well.
- Now add in melted chocolate and butter and mix well.
- Add in ragi mix and fold gently.
- Spoon this into the mould and bake for 30 to 35 mins.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Slice and serve.