Chef Renu Dalal’s Recipe Of Paneer Wraps Are Making Breakfast Time Worth Looking Forward To
- sushmita Sengupta
Updated : March 08, 2022 08:03 IST
Nothing, just yet another excuse to fall in love with paneer all over again.
From butter paneer, to palak paneer, to paneer do pyaaza, Indian cuisine is replete with delicious paneer recipes that can ramp up our lunch and dinner spread, we still feel that the cottage cheese is criminally underrated when it comes to breakfast. Think about it, how many ‘breakfast’ recipes can you think of with paneer, apart from paneer paratha and paneer sandwich? Given paneer can be consumed both raw and cooked, shouldn’t you be exploring more?
Chef Renu Dalal, daughter of the late legendary chef, Indian food writer and cookbook author Tarla Dalal has given us yet another excuse to fall in love with paneer all over again. Chef Renu, who is a YouTuber and a successful cookbook author herself, shares her recipe of Paneer Wraps with us.
Paneer is cooked until it obtains a delicious melt-in-the-mouth texture, and wrapped inside a tortilla roti (alternatively, you can use home-made chapatis too), the coriander chutney and onions add to the zing, making the wrap flavourful, inside-out.
What we love about the wraps is the fact that it is so easy and fuss-free, while being scrumptious at the same time. It will take you all of 20 minutes to cook it, and with this recipe, you can easily make six wraps in one go, so what is stopping you now?
6 tortilla rotis (can be purchased ready-made)
2 tbsp oil
6 tsp coriander chutney,
For the paneer filling
300 grams cottage cheese (paneer)
2 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
½ tsp garam masala
¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
½ tsp chilli powder
3 tbsp of finely chopped tomatoes
1 tsp coriander leaves
1 ½ onions, finely chopped
½ cup coriander chutney,
For the filling
1. Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion and sauté for ½ minute.
2. Add the tomato and salt to taste and sauté for ½ minute.
3. Add the coriander leaves, chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, cumin seeds and sauté for 1 minute.
4. Crumble the paneer, add to the mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
For the wraps
1. Spread the coriander chutney on the tortilla roti.
2. Place the paneer filling on one side of the tortilla roti.
3. Roll the tortilla roti and form a wrap.
4. In a tawa, heat the oil and shallow fry the wraps on all sides for 5 minutes.
1. Cut the wraps into pieces and serve hot with coriander chutney.
Instead of tortilla rotis you can use home-made chapattis made from whole wheat or white flour.