Slurrp Exclusive: Chef Ravish Mishra Shares Chardonnay Sangria Recipe On Wine Day
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
On Wine Day, Ravish Mishra, Executive Chef, The Westin Goa, talks about his favourite wine. He truly believes that a Chardonnay variety is one of the most diverse wines in the world!
Wine may be the only drink where each variety has a different shaped glass. Be it the lighter reds or the bold ones, the fruity ones or even the acidic ones, the goblets for each differ. This very fact says a lot about the attention paid by the makers who dedicate their entire lives to understanding and appreciating wine. On the occasion of Wine Day, Ravish Mishra, Executive Chef, The Westin Goa, talks about his favourite wine, "I truly believe that a Chardonnay variety is one of the most diverse wines in the world! It goes well with many kinds of foods as it is a decadent wine with many deep and rich layers. I feel white wine boosts the palate with lavish flavors because of its oak presence. While I agree it is also a very popular choice among wine lovers, I think it deserves all the credit it can receive, as it also does a great job in bringing out the small nuances of great dishes and flavors when other white wines might not even be a fit contender. Right from nuts like almonds, meat, seafood or poultry dishes, to fruits and veggies like potatoes, apples, and mangoes to name a few or even desserts like the hot favorite banana bread, a Chardonnay goes well with all."
Sharing a Chardonnay Sangria recipe which receives a resounding thumbs up from many, Chef Ravish goes on to list down the ingredients and steps to follow:
- 1 cup orange juice or 3 oranges (medium)
- 1 (750 millilitres) chardonnay, chilled
- 2 cups club soda (or ginger ale)
- 2 ounces brandy, optional
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Half cup cranberry juice
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- From the citrus wedges, squeeze the juice into the pitcher. If possible, remove the seeds and toss them into wedges. Add orange juice to the pitcher (if you are using it instead)
- Pour the white wine with the fruit into the pitcher.
- If you are using it, then add the sugar and the brandy. Stir well to ensure that sugar is dissolved.
- Don't want to serve it right away? Please put it in the fridge. Add the cranberry juice before serving so the sangria retains its sparkle. Serve cold and enjoy.