Top 5 Celebrities Supporting Green Issues And Sustainability
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : April 10, 2022 20:04 IST
Here's a list of stars who continue to stand up for the environment.
Finding a solution is a big part of supporting a cause. Some celebrities have the motivation and the capabilities to devote time and money to causes they care about. For various reasons, including health, curiosity, and ethical concerns, even celebrities support green issues and sustainability because every little bit will help advocate a greener tomorrow. Below is a non-exhaustive list of stars who continue to stand up for the environment—lights, camera, and most importantly: action.
- Bhumi Pednekar: Bhumi Pednekar has been a vocal advocate for raising awareness about the environment's depletion. She founded Climate Warriors to inform people about everything wrong on the planet. In addition, Bhumi has released information about how government policies and practices have harmed resources, from oil spills to carbon footprints.
- Virat Kohli & Anushka Sharma: Plant-based meat brand Blue Tribe recently welcomed Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli on board as investors and brand ambassadors. Anushka-Virat has invested an undisclosed sum in the startup, vocal advocates of plant-based meat products and hard-core animal lovers. Both being animal lovers, they decided to opt for a meat-free lifestyle to convey the impact plant-based products can have on the planet. According to the duo-couple, lower dependence on meat without short-changing taste preferences can have a planet-changing impact.
- Dia Mirza: Dia Mirza is India's UN Environment Goodwill Ambassador, a strong advocate for environmental awareness. She has not only taken up the cause on a worldwide scale but has also actively promoted awareness about small ways you can help make a difference. As a result, Dia has changed the way people think about their daily lives and the tiny things that may cause a significant difference, from trash separation to sustainable fashion. She is also the Youth Ambassador for the Wildlife Trust of India, which is part of the Swachh Bharat Mission. Moreover, she is a member of the Sanctuary Nature Foundation.
- Alia Bhatt: Alia Bhatt founded the Coexist initiative to help people understand the need of maintaining a healthy balance between nature and life. She has regularly run animal adoption campaigns, actively advocated for the conservation of flora and wildlife, and disseminated critical information about the oceans and how industrialisation has impacted life beneath the waves. She also initiated a social media campaign using the hashtag #BeatPlasticPollution to reduce the use of plastic. Alia also developed Edamamma, a children's clothing line, and with it, she created a conscientious range of children's apparel that is comfortable and healthy for the environment.
- Priyanka Chopra: Since she was nominated UNICEF's Global Ambassador, Priyanka Chopra has advocated for various humanitarian problems. The actor is known for taking on projects that assist in improving the environment for future generations. Aside from that, Priyanka has lent her support to several environmental causes. She was also a member of the 'Greenthon' programme, which aimed to create a better tomorrow by adopting eco-friendly practices today.