Burani Raita From Hyderabad Can Be The Perfect Choice To Pair Up With Your Everyday Dishes
- Ritisha Garg
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Savour the flavours of an aromatic Hyderabadi raita.
Irrespective of whichever Biryani you like, you need to have a raita to go with it. Burani raita is a special raita from Hyderabad that is known for more than just its wonderful taste. One of the factors that adds up to making this raita so special, lies in its simplicity. Burani raita combines a handful of flavourful ingredients like fresh and thick curd, garlic cloves, spices and a few kitchen masalas. The powerful taste of garlic and its piquant scent is the ultimate catch of this raita, making it one of the most loved and frequently eaten side dishes in Hyderabad. One thing while talking about Indian raitas is that they serve as a perfect accompaniment to not just biryani but also pulao or paratha. So, would you love to make an instant burani raita from Hyderabad? Here’s the step-by-step procedure to follow.
- 250g fresh thick curd
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 2 cloves
- 3 peppercorns
- 1 big red chilli
- Black salt
- Half tablespoon zeera
- Salt as per taste
Method for preparation-
- Take the curd and first whisk it well until it becomes mooth. Then add minced garlic cloves into it. Mix everything well.
- Now heat a pan with oil and add zeera, peppercorns, red chilli powder and black salt. Roast all the ingredients together.
- After roasting, also grind the mixture together. In the bowl with curd, add this into it and give it a gentle stir.
- Your burani raita is finally ready to relish!
- Let it cool down or refrigerate for an hour or less. Always serve it cool.
Burani raita goes well with anything you can think of pairing it with, so quickly make it at home and savour the rich flavours and aroma.