Bring Hogsmeade To Your Dining Tables With This Butterbeer Recipe
- Preeti Deepa
Updated : January 27, 2022 14:01 IST
Get transported to the world of Harry Potter with this easy and detailed butterbeer recipe.
The first time I watched the trio of Harry Potter having a golden drink with a frothy topping at Hogsmeade, I was instantly intrigued. Being a foodie and a Potterhead, my tryst with Harry Potter- be it movie or book was never complete without the food. The first time I saw ‘The Philosopher’s Stone’ I was instantly excited to see the lavish feast in The Great Hall of Hogwarts. The feast consisting of all things delicious and appetizing was enough for me to pester my mom to arrange a similar feast on my birthday that year. Little did I know back then that the Harry Potter bandwagon will drive me to go back to it whenever I sought comfort.
As the series is completing 20 years, I and my sister have already planned a Harry Potter marathon over two days. And to ‘accio’ the Harry Potter vibe to the hilt. Needless to say the fully-planned lavish Harry Potter-themed menu. We know that one needs a perfect balance of food and beverages for a feast and we cannot complete the Harry Potter beverage list without butterbeer in it, can we? If you are planning the same, then here’s an easy and detailed recipe to make butterbeer at home.
- 1 cup cream soda
- ½ cup butterscotch syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heavy cream
1. Add the butterscotch syrup to a bowl and along with softened butter. Mix well to combine both of them.
2. Next, pour cream soda into the mixture and stir well.
3. Add heavy cream and a pinch of salt to a mixing bowl and whip until it forms stiff peaks. You can also add flavourings like vanilla essence or a dash of cinnamon for flavour and fragrance.
4. Pour the soda and butterscotch mixture into mugs.
5. Top the drink with whipped cream and there you go!
Try this easy recipe this year to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the series at your home. Do let us know how you like it.