This Arugula-Sweet Potato Salad Is A Must Try For Weekend Binge
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : July 02, 2022 03:07 IST
Senior Executive Chef Vivek Tamhane shares a unique salad recipe with French mustard dressing.
The beauty of a freshly tossed salad is about refreshing the palate. Salads are composed of simply the freshest vegetables like summer tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, etc., and add a zing to everyday living. During summers, our body gets dehydrated, and this is when a refreshing salad comes into the picture. It can help protect our cells from sun damage while improving overall glow. Here is a salad recipe by Senior Executive Chef Vivek Tamhane, BLVD Club—Bangalore, that is worth trying.
Arugula, Sweet Potato Salad with French mustard dressing
- Serves: 4 portions
- Prep Time: 15 -20 mins
- Cooking Time: 15-20 mins
Arugula leaves with sweet potato make a perfect source of protein and starch. In addition, the French mustard dressing adds a tang along with much-needed summer touch to the recipe.
- ½ bunch Arugula (or your choice of lettuce)
- 3-4 Medium size sweet potato
- 50 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 gm whole yellow mustard seeds
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbs dry mustard
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Walnut to sprinkle
- Salt to taste
- Combine white wine, water, vinegar, onion, and garlic in a saucepan, bring it to a boil, and simmer it for about 10-15 minutes. Pour through a strainer and take only the reserve liquid.
- Now add mustard seeds, dry mustard, garlic, and salt into the mixture, stir it well. Cover it and keep it aside for a day.
- Blend the mixture till it gets a thick consistency. Transfer mustard mixture to a pan and add a little water if required. Mix it well to a smooth consistency. Simmer it for 5-8 min and keep stirring it constantly. A quick tip: You can keep it in the glass jar and refrigerate it so that it lasts for a week.
- Clean Arugula thoroughly and keep it aside.
- Roast sweet potato in the oven for 20-25 min till it becomes soft and tender. Cool it for a while. Then, peel off the skin and slice it.
- Meanwhile, mix the sweet potato in a bowl and add 2-3 spoons of the French mustard which we had prepared. Mix it gently while adding arugula leaves, olive oil. Sprinkle walnut on top of it and serve it chilled.