Arjun Kapoor’s Chocolate Fudge Should Be Your Next Mid-Night Binge
- Aprajita Sharad
Updated : June 02, 2022 13:06 IST
Of late, the actor has been sharing snaps of his mid-night binges on social media, tagging his chef
A mid-night binge is a craving that everyone fights from time to time, including celebrities, who have to focus primarily on fitness as part of their job. The allure of sneaking out of bed to dig in to a bowl of ice cream or a slice of pizza however, is so intense that, it gets the better of all of us. No one knows this better than Arjun Kapoor, the self confessed foodie of B-town. Arjun has been sharing tempting photos of his mid-night binges to his social media. From healthy bites like chicken avocado toast to sinful desserts, Arjun’s chef and friend Akshay Arora, has been pampering the star with delectable delicacies. Recently, Arjun shared a photo of a chocolate fudge brownie to his Instagram story and captioned it ‘Oh Fudge.’ The gooey and soft brownie had nut shavings on top. Arjun was enjoying the brownie while watching a movie.
Chef Akshay’s profile has a highlight that has photos of dishes that he has exclusively cooked for celebrities like Arjun Kapoor, Rakul Preet, Sharvani Wagah and Vicky Kaushal. Arjun’s favourites include waffles and various chicken dishes. Rakul Preet seems to enjoy healthy bites while Vicky loves nachos, parathas with aaloo curry and chole. A lot of celebrities have shared stories showing Akshay’s hand cooked meals to their Instagram and Akshay has reshared them all. The most number of shares for Akshay's hand cooked meals, has been by Arjun.
Arjun has never shied away from indulging in a grand meal, and his social media feed is a proof of that. Even on promotions of certain movies that he has featured in (like 2 States), Arjun can often be spotted in-between the promotions, grabbing a bite.
If Arjun’s mid-night binge has got you craving a chocolate brownie, here’s a recipe by Chef Kunal Kapur, that you can try out:
- Dark chocolate chunks – 170gms/ 1¼cup
- Butter – 113gms/ ½cup
- Breakfast sugar – 320gms/ 1½cups
- Curd – 245gms/ 1cup
- Cocoa powder – 22gms/ 3tbsp
- Flour – 125gms/ 1cup
- Baking powder – 1tsp
- Walnuts – handful
- Vanilla extract – 2tsp
- Butter paper
- Cake tin
- On a double boiler mix together chocolate and butter and melt them. Take them off the heat once melted, and add sugar to it.
- Add one egg at a time to the chocolate mixture and keep mixing. If making eggless brownies skip adding eggs and instead whisk curd and add it to the mixture.
- Add cocoa powder, flour, walnuts, vanilla and baking powder and mix well.
- Line a cake tin and pour the mixture over it. Tap the tin to remove any air pockets. Preheat an oven at 180 c and cook the brownie for 30 mins approx.
- Alternatively, you can cook this in a kadai with salt for 35-40mins approx.