Add These Six Coffee Hacks To Your Skincare Regime
- Gatika Pal
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Coffee is a source of nutrients, antioxidants that can benefit the skin, scalp, and hair. It may also be used to exfoliate, treat acne, and increase the blood flow in the body.
We all know that coffee is the ultimate energizer, not just for the body but also for the skin. Coffee is packed with dozens of nutrients and helpful acids. In addition, antioxidants are present in coffee that protect cells from damage and improve skin health. When coffee is applied as a mask or scrub, it makes your skin radiant and bright. Here is how can you add coffee to your beauty regime and repair your damaged skin.
1. Dark Circles
The caffeine present in the coffee may help dilate blood vessels that contribute to dark circles. In addition, coffee has a natural bleaching capability which lightens the discoloration area of under eyes.
- Mix a tablespoon of coffee powder with honey and a few drops of vitamin E oil.
- Mix it and apply this mixture to the affected area under your eyes carefully.
- Keep this for 10-15 minutes, and then wash it off.
2. Reduces Puffiness From Eyes
Just make a coffee paste for your puffy face or eyes.
- Mix one teaspoon of coffee with some water and apply to the affected area.
- Keep this for 2-5 minutes and gently rub the affected area with fingers.
- Later rinse it off with cold water.
- You can also try coffee ice cube hacks, as it hydrates and constricts blood vessels.
3. Treats Acne
Acne-prone skin? You can get rid of facial bacterias by the regular usage of a coffee face pack. It helps fight bacteria-led acne due to its inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of grounded coffee with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Add 3 tablespoons of coconut oil into the mixture and make a thick scrub.
- Rub this coffee scrub all over your face, avoid sensitive areas like eyes, lips, and under the nose.
- Leave this for about 10-12 minutes and rinse this with clean running water. Apply this face scrub twice a week.
4. Removes Tanning
For radiant and tan-free skin, you can try this coffee mask.
- Take 2 tablespoons of coffee and mix with 1 tablespoon of regular milk. Make a thick mixture.
- Apply this pack for 10-15 minutes, all over the tanned area, weather face, elbows, neck, and arms.
- Then, wash it off with lukewarm water.
- This face mask will help you to get rid of dead skin cells and leave glowing radiant skin behind it.
5. Body Scrub
This magical ingredient is also used as a body scrubber to minimize cellulite cells.
- For the DIY body scrub, mix grounded coffee with a spoon of olive oil (essential oil/vitamin E oil) and sugar.
- Massage this on your body in a circular movement.
- You can use this scrub twice or thrice a week, depending upon your skin type.
6. Scalp Exfoliator
Coffee can exfoliate your scalp and improve blood circulation, which impacts your hair growth.
- Take a half cup of grounded coffee and massage your wet hair for 2-5 minutes.
- You can also mix with aloe vera gel or in your conditioner.
- Then, rinse it off with clean water or mild shampoo.