Yasmin Karachiwala’s Chatpata Sweet Potato Is Perfect For Your Sunday Binge
- Preeti Deepa
Updated : June 03, 2022 04:06 IST
Celebrity fitness coach and trainer Yasmin Karachiwala shared her recipe for healthy sweet potato recently on her social media handle. Scroll down to know more.
Mention Yasmin Karachiwala in front of fitness enthusiasts and they will not even wait for a minute to stan her. The celeb fitness instructor and trainer has been in the industry for more than 10 years now. Having trained most Bollywood celebrities and sportspeople, she is quite popular amongst the netizens. Along with training and instructing celebrities, she is active on her social media handles and keeps sharing fitness tips, healthy recipes, and easy home workout videos. Recently she shared her chatpata sweet potato recipe as a healthy snacking option for fitness enthusiasts. Here’s the recipe you can try.
- 250 grams sweet potato
- 5 Kashmiri red chillies
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp soaked tamarind
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp oil
- 5 to 7 curry leaves
- Fresh coriander for garnishing
- Roast the Kashmiri chillies, coriander seeds, and cumin seeds on a hot pan for 3-4 minutes.
- Soak some tamarind in hot water till it's soft and easy to remove the seeds.
- Grind the roasted masala by adding the tamarind water gradually to make a smooth paste.
- Add oil to a hot pan and temper some mustard seeds, curry leaves.
- Add the masala paste and salt and cook till the rawness is gone.
- Add some cubes of boiled sweet potato to the cooked mixture and mix it well so that the potatoes are covered with the masala evenly.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves and serve with a chutney of your choice.
This recipe can be a great substitute for all the unhealthy, deep-fried, high in sodium snacks and can be munched at any time of the day. You can serve mint and coriander chutney or a sweet and sour tamarind chutney to go with it.