Want to Eat Something Healthy? Try This Crunchy Beetroot And Cucumber Salad With a Twist
- Gatika Pal
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
This beetroot & cucumber salad has a tangy flavor and is packed with essential nutrients. Check out the recipe for beetroot & cucumber salad below.
Are you looking for something nutritious and good for weight loss? If yes, you must give this healthy refreshing beetroot cucumber salad a try. It is a wonderful alternative to the regular potato or chicken salad. Moreover, it has a unique flavor of crunchy peanuts combined with fresh veggies. The peanuts give an interesting twist to your salad. If you love peanuts then this is one of the healthy ways you can add them to your diet. You can either consider beetroot and cucumber salad as a breakfast option or can have it as a snack during office hours.
Why Should You Have This Salad?
It tastes luscious and is extremely healthy and appetizing. Having beetroot and cucumber salad can keep you satiated for long and prevent overeating. It can help in effective weight loss too. If you are still not convinced enough to make it a part of your daily diet, scroll down to know the health benefits of this salad.
Nitrates present in beetroots aid in detoxification and help in lowering the bad cholesterol level. Also, if you are experiencing certain signs of high blood pressure, you must start having this salad as it will keep the pressure in moderation.
Being rich in water, cucumber acts like a broom for our system. It flushes out the harmful toxins from your body. Cucumber also helps in managing the level of blood cholesterol. It's low in calories and high in potassium. Being a good source of vitamin C, cucumber strengthens your immune system and keeps bacteria away. Now that we know how beetroot and cucumber salad can be a boon for us, let's quickly also find out its recipe.
- 2 beetroots (grated)
- 2 carrots (grated)
- 1 cucumber (de-seeded & chopped)
- 5 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 1-2 green chili (finely, chopped)
- 4 sprig fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chaat masala powder
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper, as per taste
How to Make Beetroot & Cucumber Salad:
- To make this healthy salad, take a bowl, add beetroot, carrots, cucumber, peanuts and give a good mix.
- Add lemon juice, salt, pepper, and salt masala. Again, mix well. Check the seasonings and adjust according to your taste.
- Drizzle some olive oil and beetroot. Voila! Your cucumber salad is ready. Serve immediately to avoid crunchiness.
You can serve this salad as a side dish along with tehri, pulao, raita, or biryani.