4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup cane sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup turmeric coconut milk
3/4 cup plant based milk
1/4 cup vegan butter ( melted )
1 packet instant yeast
Note: Make sure the milk you are using is warm.
10 dates ( soaked in hot water )
1/2 cup jaggery
1/4 cup vegan butter
2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups powdered sugar
3-4 tbsp plant based milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place 2 cups of flour, yeast, jaggery, and salt in the bowl of a blender and blend. After mixing, add the ghee and heated coconut milk with turmeric and plant based milk and stir until smooth. Slowly add the rest of the flour until the dough begins to form. Leave the dough for 5 minutes while you prepare the filling.
- Take out dates from the water and add them to a food processor or blender with jaggery, butter, cinnamon and salt.
- Scatter the flour on a large baking sheet and divide the dough into a large rectangle. Spread the filling thinly on the dough and sprinkle with cinnamon and stretch the dough on the broad side.
- Cut the dough into 12 equal pieces with a sharp knife. Place the slices about 1 inch on a baking sheet or nonstick surface. Cover and let it rise.
- Turn the oven to 350 degrees F after 30 minutes and bake the rolls for 20 to 22 minutes.
- Mix the ingredients ( sugar, plant based milk and vanilla extract ) for the glaze and pour over the cinnamon buns.
Serve this roll to your vegan buddies and don’t forget to ask for their review on this dish.