Treat Yourself This Weekend With Masala Chana Chaat
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Are you missing your favourite street food in pandemic? Fret not and try this 'Chana Chaat' recipe at home.
Kala chana masala chaat recipe: You must have tasted spicy aloo chaat! But have you heard about the 'masala chana chaat'? We bet that there would be a few people who know about this spicy chaat. People either consume it roasted or in a curry, but today we will share it as a snack recipe. So let’s learn some health benefits and the recipe for this masala chana chaat.
Health benefits of black gram (kaale chane)
- Black gram is enriched with protein, which helps build muscle in our body.
- Black gram prevents hair fall and eliminates dandruff.
- Black gram has iron, which is very important for our body.
How To Make Masala Chana Chaat?
Ingredients For Masala Chana Chaat:
- 1 bowl of black gram
- A pinch of hing, chilli powder and black salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder, roasted cumin powder, mango powder and green chutney
- A handful of finely chopped coriander, onions and tomatoes
- A bowl of yoghurt
Kaala Chana Masala Chaat Recipe
- Soak black gram for 7 to 8 hours.
- After soaking, take it in a pressure cooker, add three bowls of water, a teaspoon of salt, a pinch of sweet soda, and keep it on medium heat.
- Let it cook for 20 minutes and after that, turn off the gas. Put a pan and when heated, add oil and hing to it.
- Add cumin, coriander powder, red chilli and mango powder to the pan.
- Now add boiled black gram, salt, turmeric and fry for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the gas after 10 minutes. Now your black gram chaat is ready, take it out in a bowl.
- To garnish, first put curd and green chutney on the chaat, then garnish it with onion, green chillies, sev, coriander leaves, and pomegranate seeds; add sweet chutney to black gram chaat if you want.
Masala Chana Chaat is ready to be gorged!