Tired Of Boring Cocktails? Here Are 3 Desi Cocktails For Mid-Week Party
- Gatika Pal
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Try the most extraordinary desi cocktails with an Indian twist to make your summer party season an ultimate time!
Cocktail mixing is an art, and it is referred to as ”Mixology”. This different combination of spirits adds up with natural ingredients leading to fantastic cocktails. So, implement a desi twist to your drinks to your regular doses of vodka, rum, or whiskey. Here are the three best cocktails that will get you”talli” in minimum time.
Aam Panna With Rum
This drink includes a dash of white rum and is diluted to the old classic desi aam Panna.
- 1 raw mango (medium)
- ½ tsp black salt
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cardamom powder
- Pinch of black pepper powder (optional)
- 2-4 strands of saffron
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Wash and pressure cook the mangos for 3-4 whistles.
- Once it is done, peel the skin of the mango.
- Squeeze the pulp and put this in a mixer jar. And smooth the paste.
- Add little water, black salt, salt, cardamom, black pepper powder on low flame in a pan to boil.
- Now add the smooth pulp of mango and sugar and simmer for about 5-7 minutes. Once it is done, keep it aside for cool.
Now take a glass, add a dash of white rum, classic aam Panna and enjoy this with your friends and family.
Jamun With Martini
This is exceptional for those who love to drink gin. This cocktail's flavor comes with a sweet and sour twist of Jamun.
- 60 ml gin
- 5-7 Jamun
- 10 ml lime juice
- 15 ml sugar syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Ice for fill shaker
- Muddle the jamuns in a cocktail shaker.
- Put the ice, gin, lime juice, sugar syrup and shake all the ingredients in the shaker.
- Once it is done, double strain the mixture and rim a cocktail glass with salt and red chili powder.
Pour the fiery cocktail into the glass and enjoy!
Orange Ginger Zinger
This is an old-fashioned cocktail for whiskey lovers. It comes with a hint of ginger's secret ingredient and zings it up with orange marmalade.
- 60 ml Indian Whiskey
- 2 tsp orange marmalade
- 1 tsp grated ginger paste
- and an orange slice
- Mix the whisky and orange marmalade. Add grated ginger into it and give a good stir.
- Transfer this diluted mixture to a shaker, fill this with ice, shake well, and strain it into a whiskey glass with half-filled ice.
- Add a splash of soda to the glass but not a full top-up.
Garnish it with an orange slice and enjoy this party drink.