This Flaky French Toast Has A Special Ingredient That Makes It Crispier, Can You Guess?
Updated : June 29, 2021 11:06 IST
French toast will always have a special place in our heart, give this classic breakfast an edge with this new recipe.
The creamy crispiness of French toast early in the morning is truly hard to beat. Bread is an essential breakfast item in every household and is used in different ways. From simple toasted bread to the combination of omelette-bread, there are endless possibilities to revamp your slice of bread. But our beloved French toast will always have a special place in our heart. We are sure that everyone from kids to adults adore the dish and can’t get enough of it. To make this more interesting, we bring you the recipe of flaky French toast. This is similar to the classic French toast, but with inclusion of a special ingredient this dish becomes ten folds crispier and scrumptious. Even Kylie Jenner, KUWTK reality star would agree. Yes, the beauty mogul once dedicated her entire Instagram story to show-how she makes her crusty French toast. The flaky French toast has cornflakes as the unique ingredient which makes it different from regular toast. Additionally, it has sweet agents like cinnamon and vanilla extract which balances the flavours of the dish. You can also easily make this breakfast dish in a jiffy with a handful of ingredients to brighten up your mornings. Here’s the recipe.
1. Crumble or crush the flakes with the help of a rolling pin or any other heavy object. Once that is done, keep it aside.
2. In a shallow dish, add eggs, milk, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon. Whisk them well.
3. Take a non-stick pan and melt butter over a medium-low flame.
4. Meanwhile, dip the bread in the sweet-egg mixture to coat both the sides. And similarly, lightly press the soaked bread into the cornflakes crumbs as well. Make sure to coat evenly.
5. Place the bread on the non-stick pan and let it cook for 4-5 minutes or until they are golden in color. Flip them alternatively to make sure they are cooked from both sides.
That’s it, your Flaky French toast is ready. Have a nice morning!