Spicy Egg Ramen Recipe: A Satisfying Seoul Food
- Ria Baidya
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
If you are craving for Korean-style Ramen while watching your favorite k-drama, this spicy egg ramen recipe is tailor-made for you.
Korean culture is taking the world by storm and the one thing we have learned from our dearest k-dramas is that ‘Ramyun’, also sometimes referred to as Ramen in other parts of the world, is a special delicacy that is enjoyed by everyone in South Korea. Many of us still believe that Ramyun originated in Korea but sadly that’s not the truth even if it seems so in Korean shows. Our beloved Ramen first grew popular in Japan in the 1800's which was inspired by Chinese wheat noodles and this food item was not introduced in Korea until after the Korean War. Although, true food connoisseurs would argue that the Korean Ramyun and Japanese Ramyun are slightly different from each other. Traditional Japanese noodles can either be made out of freshly made or instant noodles in a meat broth. Korean ramyun on the other hand are always instant noodles which are often accompanied with side dishes like kimchi or egg. So, if you are craving for Korean-style Ramyun while watching your favorite k-drama, this spicy egg ramen recipe is just perfect for you.
• 2-3 instant ramen noodles
• 4-6 cups of water
• 2-3 eggs
• ½ cup dried shiitake mushrooms, roughly chopped
• 2 green onions, finely chopped
• Any type of cheese
1. Take a medium size saucepan and heat the water over a high flame heat. When the water comes to boiling point add the mushroom and let it boil for some time.
2. Meanwhile, open the ramen packets and take out the seasonings which come with it.
3. Turn the flame to medium-low heat. Then take those seasonings and add it to the boiling water. Stir all the ingredients together for a minute.
4. Add the ramen slices in the mixture and let it cook until they are soft in texture. Remember to separate them with a fork while they are cooking.
5. When the noodles become soft, break the eggs and directly drop them in the ramen soup. Then add a generous amount of cheese.
6. Low the flame and let it cook thoroughly for a minute. After this add the green onions and stir the noodles with it. Cover the saucepan with a lid.
7. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes more.
8. In your bowl of delicious ramen add kimchi on the top.
That’s it, your spicy egg ramen is ready. Eat it while it's hot.