Something Sweet, Something Jelly! Try This Orange Jello Cake To Enjoy An Exquisite Dessert
- Pragya Jha
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
If you want to get your hands on an exciting dessert recipe, try this light and fluffy cake with an orange flavour in it.
This is not a cake in which you make a hole in the cake and then fill it with the prepared liquid gel. Use only dry jello powder for this recipe. With the orange flavour in every bite, this cake will be a hit at your next family reunion and is perfect for any time of year.
Here is how to make a moist, smooth and simple orange jello cake.
4 eggs large
1 box cake mix orange or white cake mix
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/3 cups water
1 small orange jello package
2 orange juice for the icing
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Celsius.
- Sprinkle the 9-13-inch non-stick cooking spoon with flour as well.
- Turn and tap the edges of the bowl to get the flour.
- In a bowl, mix the cake mixture, eggs, water, butter and gelatin.
- Pour into a greased and floured pan.
- Bake for 27-30 minutes. While the cake is in the oven, add the glaze.
- When the cake is done, prick it with a hot fork.
- To prepare the icing, take a small bowl and mix the orange juice and powdered sugar until smooth. Immediately pour in the orange glaze.
The orange jello cake should be kept in the refrigerator as Jell-o needs to be refrigerated to keep its consistency and once cooled, it tastes better. This cake can be stored for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. You can also freeze these jello cakes. Before freezing, the cake should be covered with plastic wrap and foil. It can be frozen for up to 3 months in the refrigerator. Before eating, let the cake melt a little until tender.
This cake is good for picnics and being a simple cake recipe, you can make it in one day and eat whenever you want.