Satiate your sweet tooth with this Easy Nutella Recipe at home
Updated : June 04, 2021 10:06 IST
Nutella is a sweet side dish with a smooth, velvety texture, a sweet taste, and a hint of cocoa. It is a popular European dessert found easily in any supermarket. But buying Nutella isn’t as satisfying as making it on your own, right?
You can use this Nutella to spread on your bread, chapati, and almost everything. Not only this, Nutella also provides a good amount energy for the daily functioning of the body. The use of hazelnuts makes it good for health too. Nutella spread is a smart choice for an easy to eat, easily digestible, and nutritious breakfast. According to Ferrero's research, about 74% of Nutella is used for either bread or sandwiches.
Here's how you can whip up a creamy Nutella spread in your home kitchen.
● 150 grams hazelnut
● 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
● 100 grams powdered sugar
● 1 cup melted chocolate
● 2 tablespoon coconut oil
● A pinch of salt
● Start with roasting the hazelnuts in a pan over medium heat for about 10 to 12 minutes, until they turn a golden brown color.
● The brown skin of the hazelnuts has a slightly astringent and bitter taste. After roasting, wrap them in a towel and rub them firmly against each other to remove as much skin as possible. This will remove more than half of the skin and it will blend smoothly.
● Add the hazelnuts to a blender and grind until it forms a smooth thin paste.
● Add coconut oil, sugar, salt, and cocoa powder to the paste. The bitterness of the cocoa and the sweetness of the sugar balance the flavour. Grind again until all the ingredients are mixed properly.
● Now add the melted chocolate and process it for a few seconds in the mixer. Your Nutella spread is ready!
Note: You can store Nutella for 3 to 4 weeks at room temperature.