Sandwich Bread Without Yeast? It Is Possible! (Recipe Inside)
- Gatika Pal
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Yes! You can bake a market-style bread without using yeast at home.
Making a basic bread without yeast is quite a simple task. Be at breakfast, lunch, or even dinner, the bread is an ideal item that you can transform into a variety of dishes. The best thing about this bread is that people who are allergic to yeast can recreate it at home. From plain, sweet to savoury you can bake a loaf of bread as per your recipe and cravings. However, you can add garlic, nuts, and favourite grains while kneading a dough. This bread recipe uses only wheat flour. Scroll down to know the recipe and bake it at home.
To prepare the dough:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vinegar/ lemon juice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp oil (butter/ olive oil)
- Water, as required
- Take a bowl, mix milk and vinegar in it. Give a good mix and let it set for just 2-3 minutes.
- In another deep bowl, add wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda it. Give a mix to these three dry ingredients. Now pour milk and vinegar solution into it.
- Add a pinch of salt, oil and mix it well. Now as per your requirement, pour water and knead with your hands.
- Make sure to add water in batches to prevent the dough from getting soggy.
- Knead the dough for at least 15-20 minutes. This step is crucial to attain the right kind of softness in the dough.
- Once you knead a tight dough, transfer it to a glass bowl and cover it with a wet muslin or cotton cloth.
- Keep it aside for at least 1-2 hours, when it’s done you will notice that the dough has risen up.
- That means your dough is ready and it’s time to bake the bread.
Time To Bake The Bread :
- Before placing the dough in over, make sure you dust the dry flour on the kneaded dough and knead it again by using the tuck and fold method.
- Now grease a tin or tray with some amount of oil and place the dough in it.
- Again cover the tin with a damp cloth, let the dough sit for 10-12 more minutes. This will make the dough risen up a bit more.
- Now preheat the oven and transfer the tin into it.
- Bake at 180 degrees celsius for almost 25- 30 minutes.
- Once it is fully baked, take out the tin and let it cool down completely.
- Scoop out the baked bread from the tin and cut it into desired bread slices.
Your homemade bread without yeast is ready. Use it for sandwiches, toasts, grilled anything you can make with this baked bread.