Rotisserie Chicken: Here’s How You Can Amp Up Your Next House Party Menu With This Delicious Dish
Updated : September 14, 2021 09:09 IST
Tired of eating basic chicken dishes? This Rotisserie chicken that’ll make you drool.
Are you already freaking out because you have a house party next weekend? Do you find yourself to be clueless about what you can make in less time? Are you confused about your savoury menu? If you are, then here’s the perfect recipe for you. Rotisserie chicken is always at your rescue, be it a grand house party or a lazy afternoon lunch, chicken always hits the right spot. And can anyone even say “No” to roasted chicken? We don’t think so.
Rotisserie chicken first came into the limelight in the 2000s. However, legend has it that it was first discovered in France in the Medieval period. Some French believe that King Richard loved grilled chicken in the 12th century and his royal cooks decided to pierce a spit skewer through a whole chicken to impress the king.
Do you also want to cook this delicious dish at home? Here’s the recipe for you.
Preparation time- 5 minutes
Cooking time- 2 hours and 30 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients except the chicken and mix well to combine.
3. Put a skewer through the trussed chicken and rub all the mixed ingredients evenly.
4. Place an oven-safe roasting pan in the microwave with a bowl of water in it. Next, place a rack on the pan and place the chicken breast-side down on the rack.
5. Bake the chicken for two hours and fifteen minutes. Remove the chicken after the desired time and check the temperature by inserting a thermometer.
6. Cook the chicken till the temperature reaches 160-165 degrees F.
7. Once the chicken is cooked, wrap it loosely in a foil and rest it for 15-20 minutes.
Serve this chicken for a family dinner. You can also shred or chop the chicken and use it with any gravy which requires cooked chicken.