Rosemary And Garlic Lamb Chops: A Recipe For The Soul
Updated : September 13, 2021 10:09 IST
A lamb dish so delectable, you'll want to keep coming back to this recipe.
Love lamb? Try this Rosemary And Garlic Lamb Chops which is made entirely from scratch.
Lambchop is typically a piece of meat with a bone still intact in it. The bone ensures that the meat is juicy and tender. Depending on the thickness, a lamp chop cooks in about ten minutes. You can marinate it the night before and let it sit in spices and herbs for an extra boost of flavour. We recommend at least two hours if not overnight for the marinate. You can also experiment with this recipe and add whatever kinds of spices and herbs you prefer like sage, thyme, basil, cinnamon, etc. The recipe also calls for a special dipping sauce called Chimichurri but you can substitute it for any other kind.
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon of red chilli flakes
2 teaspoons of dried rosemary
5 cloves of garlic
800g lamb loin chops
3/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of oregano
1/2 teaspoon of red chilli flakes
1 tablespoon of parsley
1 small onion, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
3 tablespoons of vinegar
1. Pat dry the lamb chops and add them to a large bowl.
2. Marinate with olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, rosemary, and garlic for an hour and up to eight hours covered in the fridge.
3. In a pan with some oil, place the lamp chop and cook on both sides.
4. Cook the lamb chop till the insides register an internal temperature of 63 degrees celsius.
5. For the dipping sauce, in a large bowl combine onion, garlic, salt, oregano, pepper flakes, parsley, vinegar, and olive oil and whisk to thicken.
6. Spoon the dipping sauce on top of the cooked lamb chops and enjoy.