Recipe For Kids: How To Prepare Homemade Pineapple Jam?
- Gatika Pal
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Homemade pineapple Jam is a treat for kids to enjoy with their breakfast. Here's how you can make hygienic homemade bread jam.
Treat your kids with fresh pineapples this summer season. Do yourself a favour by not buying a can of jam from the market! You can make this without any fuss over ingredients or pieces of equipment. You need some fresh pineapples and common kitchen ingredients to make homemade pineapple jam in just 30 minutes. The homemade new jam is healthier, hygienic, and delicious, and far better than the store-bought stuff. Follow these steps to make homemade fresh pineapple jam for kids!
- 500-gram pineapple (clean, peeled, and cut into small pieces)
- 250-gram sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
Instructions To Make Homemade Pineapple Jam:
- Peel the core of pineapples. Cut into small cubes.
- Take a blender or food process, and blend the fruit cubes to make a smooth mixture.
- And transfer it to a medium size pan.
- Simmer it and add sugar.
- Mix both the ingredients and add cinnamon powder.
- Now add lemon juice. Turn the flame on low. Let the jam cook slowly. Keep stirring in between to avoid the bottom from burning.
- Continue to cook on the low flame for about 15-20minutes. Once the jam starts to thicken, measure the temperature (it should be up to 105 degrees celsius).
- The other alternate to check the check by spooning some amount of jam onto a plate. Let it cool and slightly tap it with your finger if you see your skin through the jam. It means the jam is perfectly cooked.
- Before storing in the container or jar, keep the jam refrigerated first and then transfer to the container.
Tips for storing:
- Store the jam in a light-lidded container in the refrigerator.
- The jam can be fresh for up to 3 months.
- You can also apply this homemade jam to slices of bread, toast, cake, or even on the ice creams.