Mango-Chutney Chicken: This Sweet And Spicy Chicken Curry Is Nothing Like Anything You've Had Before
- Ria Baidya
Updated : June 06, 2022 11:06 IST
Can’t get enough of mango's mushy sweetness? Here, we bring you a little fusion of our two-favourite foods of all times.
Mango is a seasonal delight that rules our summer with its mushy sweetness. This exotic fruit comes in a number of varieties like Alphonso, Chaunsa, Dasehri, Langra, Payri and many more. Simply put, we can’t resist its luscious taste and we can have it at any time of the day. This fruit is not only naturally sweet but is also loaded with various vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that help us keep going in these hot and sweaty Indian summers.
And since we love a little bit of fusion, we have come up with two of our favourite foods- chicken and mango. You heard it right, this tarty chicken curry is bursting with sweet and spicy flavours that will make you a fan.
Here’s how to make your scrumptious ‘Mango-Chutney Chicken’
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp Chili powder
- 3 tbsp Turmeric powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut 3 cups of ripe mango, roughly
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/8 cup ginger, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp red chili pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
Mango chutney recipe
1. Combine sugar and vinegar in a pot and let it boil for a couple of minutes until the sugar is dissolved completely.
2. After this, simmer the flame and add the rest of the ingredients. And let it cook for about 30 minutes until it becomes slightly thick. Keep in mind to stir the syrup occasionally so it doesn’t get stuck in the pot.
1. Marinate the chicken with a few drops of olive oil with chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and pepper.
2. Then in a non-stick pan, heat the olive oil over medium-flame heat and lightly fry the chicken cubes until it becomes crispy.
Mix mango chutney with crispy chicken
Add the chicken cubes in the mango chutney and stir it for a couple of minutes, so the chicken could absorb the flavours.
Note: Marinate the chicken and keep it aside for at least 30 mins before frying for better taste