Recipe: Know How To Make These Meal Prep Keto Breakfast Bombs
- Preeti Deepa
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Wondering about a healthy breakfast for busy mornings? Here are Keto Breakfast Bombs to your rescue.
With the lockdown slowly getting lifted, mornings are going to become tougher for everyone. It's even tougher for people who aren’t morning persons and are often seen to skip breakfast before work. However, with the growing trend towards following healthy lifestyle practices, skipping breakfast is considered a sin. So, if you are someone who wants to follow a healthy lifestyle but often skip breakfast, then here’s the hack. We are here to make cooking breakfast as easy as a breeze for you with these Keto Breakfast Bombs which are full of essential nutrients and are easy to make. You can make these bombs on Sunday and store them for the following week. Check the recipe out to try them yourself.
Preparation time- 15 minutes
Cooking time- 15 minutes
Calories per serving- 280 kcals approx.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 5 tbsp cold butter
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 150 grams cooked sausage, crumbled
- 6 eggs, scrambled
- Salt, according to taste
- Add almond flour, baking powder and baking soda to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Transfer this mixture to a food processor along with butter and pulse till large lumps are formed.
- With the food processor on, add in sour cream, egg, salt and apple cider vinegar and process till the ingredients are combined well.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the bacon, scrambled eggs, cheese and sausage and mix well to combine.
- Transfer the mixture from the food processor to the bowl and mix well to combine.
- Spray the muffin tin with non-stick spray or brush some butter and scoop out the mixture into each section.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven for about 12-15 minutes till you see the golden edges.
- Remove them from the oven and cool for at least 15-20 minutes for serving.
You can serve these savoury muffins for about a week and microwave them before eating. You can also drizzle some maple syrup or any sugar-free syrup on top to savour the sweet-savoury flavours.