Rakshabandhan Special: Chocolaty Treats To Try With Your Siblings
- Gatika Pal
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
The simplest chocolate recipes that you can prepare for your siblings on Rakshabandhan to meld the sweetness in your bond.
Rakshabandhan is just around the corner, and it is a celebration of the love and bond that siblings share. A promise to protect and look after each other at every phase of life. Apart from regular mithais, try these homemade chocolate treats for your loved ones. So pack your love in the box of sweetness and celebrate the day with your siblings.
Chocolate Barfi Recipe
Are you’re tired of eating regular boring barfis? Then it would be best if you tasted something new, try this chocolaty version of barfi at home.
- 250 grams condensed milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp pistachios (sliced)
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 3 tbsp sugar or as you required
- ½ cup khoya
How to make chocolate barfi?
- Add ghee to a pan. Once the ghee has melted, add condensed milk and stir it on a low flame.
- Then add sugar and mix well. After 2-4 minutes, add khoya and completely dissolve both the ingredients on the low flame.
- Add cocoa powder and stir it again to mix well. When the mixture starts to thicken up, switch off the flame and transfer the mixture to a greased plate/ thali and Spread out. Allow it to cool.
- Before it hardens fully, cut it into the desired shape with the help of a sharp knife.
Lastly, sprinkle some sliced pistachios or a choice of nuts.
These modaks are filled with the sweetness of chocolate and love. You need a few ingredients at your kitchen platform to prepare this easy dish.
- ½ cup condensed milk
- 1 cup khoya
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp almond (thinly chopped or sliced)
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts (thinly chopped or sliced)
- 1 tbsp walnuts (thinly chopped or sliced)
- Pinch of cardamom powder
How to make chocolate modak?
- Place a double boiler bowl/ pan on a low flame.
- Add condensed milk and khoya, cook it for 5-7 minutes, and add cocoa powder.
- Mix well and add chocolate chips with chopped nuts. Continuously stir, and lastly, add a pinch of cardamom powder. Make a semi-dough of the mixture.
- Turn the flame off, wait for the mixture to cool down completely to room temperature.
- Grease the modak moulds with some ghee and allow the shape of modak.
Your chocolate modaks are ready; garnish it with silver varak or chopped nuts.