Moong dal kachori is a lip-smacking snack straight from the land of flavours called Rajasthan. These moong dal kachoris are puffed with spices making it crispier and spicier than a regular aloo kachori. You can have these kachoris with aloo sabzi, dahi, raita, tadka dal, or even with the aachar. So let's make this popular Rajasthani snack with a flavourful filling of moong dal.
- 1 cup refined flour (maida)
- ¼ cup warm ghee (melted)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup soaked moong dal (3- 4 hours)
- 1 tbsp gram flour (besan)
- 3-4 green chillies (finely, chopped)
- 1-inch ginger (finely, chopped)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black pepper (coarse)
- 1 tsp coriander powder (granulated)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (coarse)
- ½ tsp asafoetida
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp dried mango powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 lemon (juice)
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt, as per taste
How To Make Rajasthani Moong Dal Kachori?
- First, knead the dough for kachoris; all you need is to take a bowl. Add refined flour, salt, and warm ghee. Combine well and knead a soft dough. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes—meanwhile, the kachori stuffing.
- Drain the water from the soaked moong dal and grind to make a coarse paste.
- Heat a kadhai with some oil, add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, and stir well till it gets a little fragrant.
- Now add chopped green chillies, ginger, asafoetida, coriander seeds, and gram flour. Mix and roast well.
- Time to add dry spices, red chilli powder, turmeric, black pepper, garam masala, dried mango powder, and salt. Again mix well.
- Now add ground moong dal and stir well till it becomes dry and well combined into the spices.
- Lastly, add a dash of lemon juice and sugar. Stir well and add chopped coriander leaves. Turn the flame off and let the stuffing cool down.
- Please take a deep kadhai heat oil to fry the kachoris. As long as oil is heating, let’s roll the kachoris.
- Take a small portion of the dough and roll it into a small puri. Add spicy moong dal stuffing at the centre, gently close the ends, and roll it with light pressure while flattening the kachori. Make small-sized kachoris.
- Once the oil is hot, enjoy, slip these kachoris into the oil and fry till they become crispy, fluffy, and golden brown.
Your Rajasthani Khasta Moong Dal Kachoris are ready. Enjoy them with raita, green, or imli chutney.