Quick Recipe: We Bet You Haven't Heard Of This Cucumber-Lime Flavoured Mexican Mocktail
Updated : July 01, 2021 10:07 IST
Cucumber Lime Agua Frescas can easily become your go-to-drink this summer.
We all adore Mexican cuisine for their rich delicacies, whether they are enchiladas, burrito, tortillas, tacos or a humble bowl of nachos with red salsa, we just can’t get enough of them. The one thing which is common here are they are high on spice quotient. On somedays, a cool margherita can help to balance all the heat, but what about the days you aren't up for a boozy day ahead. A viridescent Cucumber Lime Agua Frescas can become your yummy mocktail alternative, which is as refreshing as its name and would surely make a great auxiliary to spicy meals over this sweltering weather.
The main ingredients of the Mexican beverage features cucumber which is a great source of several minerals, it contains 95% water which will ensure that you remain hydrated for a longer period of time. This drink also has the effect of lowering one's body temperature, which is much needed in the summer season. Try this divine concoction once and you will never curse the summer heat afterwards. Here’s the recipe.
1. Wash the cucumbers well. Then remove both the ends and roughly chop them.
2. In a blender add the chopped cucumbers, lime juice, handful of mint leaves and water. Blend all these ingredients together until they are smooth. If needed you can add water or other ingredients according to your needs.
3. In a large pitcher pour the blended mixture and add sugar. Stir it well until the sugar is dissolved.
4. Take a glass, add ice cubes and pour the cucumber juice. Give it a good stir.
5. Lastly garnish it with 3-4 mint leaves.
That’s it, your refreshing drink for the summer is ready.