Quick Recipe: Make Your Own ‘Steamed’ Rava Caramel Pudding
- Ria Baidya
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Rava caramel pudding is probably the answer to all your woes.
Desserts can always manage lift our moods and looks like we are never getting enough of it. They come in every shape and size and we just love them all. If you are also like us, then we bring you the recipe of rava caramel pudding which is a sumptuous treat, that can satiate you with its sweetness whenever you are craving for something sweet. The traditional caramel pudding is known as crème caramel which originally hails from France. Essentially, the dessert is a layer of clear caramel sauce, which is contrasted with crème brûlée and a hard caramel layer on top. Our recipe is kind of different from the conventional one as the prime ingredient consists of semolina or more commonly known as rava. The rava caramel pudding has a soft-spongy touch. It almost has the structure of cake but with a hard layer of caramel. This pudding will surely sweep you off your feet with its delightful rich taste. You can easily make them at home with a handful of ingredients. It also doesn’t take much time to prepare, so you can whip this pudding each time the cravings hit. Here’s the recipe for rava caramel pudding.
Ingredients For Custard:
- ¼ cup semolina/rava/sooji
- 2 cups dairy or non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 nos. large eggs
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter
Ingredients For Caramel:
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
Preparations For Caramel:
In a non-stick pan boil sugar and water over medium flame. Let it boil until it is golden in colour. After that pour the caramelized mixture into a square pan.
Preparations For Custard:
1. In the same non-stick pan add milk and sugar. Bring the mixture to the boil and add semolina into it. Stir the concoction for 3-4 mins.
2. Add butter and mix it well. Keep it aside.
3. In a bowl add eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk them well.
4. Add the egg-vanilla mixture into the prepared semolina concoction.
5. After that pour the entire mixture into the caramel pan. Mix it well.
Assemble The Rava Caramel Pudding:
1. Take a kadhai or a deep bottom pan. Place a cooking stand on the bottom. Fill it with 3 cups of water. Make sure the stand doesn’t submerge.
2. Now place the pan into the kadhai. Cover and steam it for 20 to 30 mins on medium-low flame.
3. Insert a toothpick to see whether the pudding is cooked.
4. Now put this in the fridge and leave it to set for at least 3 hrs.
5. Once it cools down. Cut them in slices.
Your toothsome rava caramel pudding is ready to be gorged upon.