Quick Recipe: Kickstart Your Morning With This Chocolate French Toast
Updated : July 19, 2021 10:07 IST
This chocolate-y French toast is a little twist to the classic French toast which you'd like to enjoy early in the morning
Chocolate is a fool-proof ingredient that can bring anyone to the table. Chocolate can be found in every dish whether you want a decadent dessert or something savoury. Yes, you heard us right. You can now turn your banal breakfast dishes to a wholesome meal with the recipe of chocolate french toast. This chocolate-y French toast is a little twist to the classic French toast. In this recipe the element of chocolate elevates the dish to a delightful treat which you would surely like to enjoy early in the morning. Chocolate French toast doesn’t require a lot of ingredients or complex cooking skills for that matter, which can become another reason to step into your kitchen on those lazy mornings. It is a perfect dessert for breakfast with just the right amount of sweetness, richness, and crispy caramelized edges that you can whip up in a jiffy. Here’s the recipe for chocolate French toast.
1. In a large bowl add sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and about half the milk. Whisk them together. Make sure there aren’t any lumps.
2. When the paste is smooth, add the remaining milk with the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until they are well combined with each other.
3. Remove the mixture into another tray or shallow dish so that the slices of bread can coat evenly.
4. Take a skillet and melt butter over medium-low flame.
5. Then dip the bread in the prepared chocolate-egg mixture and coat both the sides. Place the bread on the pan and let it cook for 4-5 minutes or until they are golden in color. Repeat the process until every slice of bread is done.
6. Lastly, dust it with some confectioners’ sugar.
Your sweet-meat is ready to be devoured. Pair it up with a silky chocolate milkshake to enjoy the richness to the fullest.