Quick Recipe: How To Make Fried Rice At Home
- Ria Baidya
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Restaurant style fried rice has a colossal fan-base, and everyone from children to adults can’t get enough of this delightful dish.
Rice is an Indian staple food that can cheer us up at any point of the day. But there are times when we want to eat something different than our humble bowl of plain rice. Which is fine, because rice is also so easy to experiment with. You would be lying if you say you have never thought of tossing up your left-over rice to make some homemade fried rice. The combination of spicy rice with a delectable selection of veggies is a recipe that just can't go wrong.
Restaurant style fried rice has a colossal fan-base, and everyone from children to adults can’t get enough of this delightful dish. Thus, we bring you the recipe of delicious fried rice, just like they serve it in the restaurants, that can be easily recreated in a few minutes. You can also toss vegetables, spices and herbs of your choice to make it more lip-smacking. Here’s the recipe.
- 1 cup grained rice
- 4 ½ cups of water
- ½ cup carrots, finely chopped
- ½ cup green capsicum, finely chopped
- ½ cup spring onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup cabbage, finely chopped
- ½ cup french beans, roughly chopped
- ½ cup green peas
- 1 ½ tsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Salt to taste
1. Wash the rice 3 times in running water. Take a large pot, add water and a pinch of salt then heat it over high flame. When it comes to boiling point add the strained rice. Let it boil over medium heat until they are soft. Drain the excess water from the steamed rice and keep it aside.
2. In a non-stick pan, add 3 tbsp of oil and heat it over medium-low flame, when the oil is hot enough add ginger-garlic paste and sauté it for a minute. After that add spring onions, carrots, capsicum, cabbage, french beans and green peas. Stir fry the mixture for 2-3 minutes on low flame. Do not overcook the veggies.
3. Now add salt, soy sauce and vinegar to the mixture and sauté again. Then slowly add the rice and mix it well with the veggies. Let it cook for a minute. Turn off the flame.
Your aromatic spicy fried rice is ready to be devoured.