Pretty Cocktail Recipe: Pamper Yourself With This Sparkling Blueberry Mimosa
- Ria Baidya
Updated : June 14, 2022 05:06 IST
Blueberry mimosa is a perfect cocktail to ward off the summer blues.
Brunches are incomplete without a goblet of bright coloured mimosa. This beverage is simply a crowd pleaser at every upscale gathering as everyone adores it for its rich sweet taste. The best part about this cocktail is that it is very easy to prepare. You don’t need a bunch of liquors to enjoy this drink. Mimosa is a very simple yet delightful drink to savour at almost any time of the day. As per popular belief, this was one of the reasons why this drink was initially created- just as an excuse to start drinking before lunchtime. Traditionally mimosa is made with two parts of champagne with one part of orange juice which is then served with plenty of ice. The real taste of the mimosa comes from the fresh ingredients that go into it, from juicy fruits to the sumptuous champagne, everything makes for a perfect sparkling glass of mimosa. This cocktail is supposed to taste like a pleasant harmony between sweet and sour, which is another reason why this cocktail is relished by everyone. Today, we are going to revamp this drink by replacing the traditional oranges with the pulpy, tarty blueberries. Another addition is the lemonade, which will help to bring out the best of berry flavours. This drink will surely take away your summer blues with its freshness. Here’s the recipe for blueberry mimosa.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup chilled dry prosecco or sparkling white wine
- 1-1 ½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- Ice cubes
1. In a saucepan add water and sugar. Let it boil over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
2. Lower the flame, then add the fresh blueberries and lemon juice. Stir it until the blueberries burst.
3. Bring the whole mixture to boil. Then turn off the flame and let the mixture cool down.
4. Strain the blueberries mixture through a sieve into a jar or bowl, and refrigerate it for some time.
5. In a glass add ice cubes, 4 tbsp of blueberry syrup and dry prosecco. Stir it well.
Your refreshing glass of blueberry mimosa is ready.