Pizza Muffins Recipe: Fill Your Kid’s Tiffin With Happiness
- Pragya Jha
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Kids ask for pizza every day, so here is a muffin recipe that tastes like pizza, but with vegetables.
These pizza muffins are packed with a lot of vegetables. You can add grated carrots, chopped broccoli, capsicum, pumpkin and tomatoes. You can skip eggs if you want to cook a vegetarian muffin. Introduce your kids to this delicious fusion recipe and they will love it. This is a perfect and light meal snack that you can serve as an after school snack or lunch.
In just 30 minutes you can quickly satisfy your kid’s hunger. Here’s a quick and easy kid’s friendly tiffin option.
1 cup flour
¾ cup milk
¼ cup marinara sauce
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
½ cup chopped broccoli florets
⅓ cup sliced cherry tomatoes
¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease the muffin tray.
- Take a bowl and start mixing the flour, salt, baking powder and Italian seasonings together. Keep it aside.
- Whisk eggs, marinara and milk in a separate bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the damp mixture until smooth.
- Slice broccoli and cherry tomatoes. Then add cheese, broccoli, tomatoes and stir. Be careful not to overcook the pizza. Make sure not to mix the batter too much. Mixing the batter too much will result in very thick muffins, avoid it.
- Spread the batter evenly on the muffin trays, cover with grated cheese and bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cold delivery with marinara sauce.
You can also store these pizza muffins in the refrigerator for about 3 to 4 days. Before serving, put them in the microwave for a few minutes.