Peach Pie: Does This Dessert Have The Yum factor?
- Pragya Jha
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Imagine eating a pie, which has a classic peach flavour with a little bit of tanginess. Sounds euphoric right? Here’s how you can make this yummy dessert.
This peach pie can be made with frozen and canned peaches. If using frozen peaches, thaw them and dry them well - if they are too juicy, your pie will be soggy. In the case of canned peaches, drain well and pat dry as you don't need too much moisture.
Ingredients required for the pie:
1 pie crust
8 peaches ( peeled and cut into 8 pieces )
1 egg white
1/4 cup unflavored food thickener
1/2 lemon zest
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon water
- Preheat the oven to 425 ° C. Heat the cake pan for 10 minutes before baking.
- Gently mix the peaches and all the fillings into a large bowl.
- Roll the pie dough into a 9 to 10-inch circle along the top you made. Transfer to a 12-inch cake bowl and fill with peaches.
- If you are making a trellis, cut the pie dough into strips and set aside the side by folding the strips in half. Then start with a new strip of dough in the opposite direction and place any other folded back pieces on the dough. Repeat until you have created a grid. Press the edges of the bowl together.
- Mix the egg whites and water and brush the skin. Sprinkle it with sugar.
- Place the cake on a baking sheet on a hot stone in the oven for 20 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes, cover with foil if desired.
- Allow cooling on the counter and place in the refrigerator until cooked.
You can fill this hot peach pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to make it a perfect sweet delight.