Paleo-Friendly Recipe: Have You Tried The Peppermint Hot Chocolate?
- Ria Baidya
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Peppermint hot chocolate drink will impress everyone with its rich flavours.
As soon as the temperature drops, we turn to something warm to keep us cosy in this weather. There is a plethora of warm beverages that we can choose from, but a cup of hot chocolate is a nice way to enjoy the brisky evenings. The joy of sipping on hot chocolate topped with dainty marshmallows in this nippy weather provides comfort to us with its rich chocolate-y flavour. But this heavenly drink is a dream for many dieters who have to follow a strict diet. Especially those who are restricting dairy and artificial sweeteners in their course of meal. If you happen to be on a diet and are missing some chocolatey goodness, we have got you covered. This paleo-friendly peppermint hot chocolate drink will suit everyone’s palate as well as their plate. This recipe is put together with the use of coconut milk and almond milk. Along with the natural sweetener honey, you can also use stevia syrup instead of honey. In this recipe of hot chocolate peppermint, the flavour of chocolate comes from the cacao powder, so you don’t even have to worry about the extra calories. All the ingredients used in this recipe caters to almost every dieter out there. This hot chocolate recipe is not only healthy but it also tastes amazing with just a fistful of ingredients. So, if you are looking for a drink which is guilt-free yet amazing, then do try this recipe of peppermint hot chocolate.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- Dairy free whipped cream, topping
- 3 to 4 marshmallows (optional)
1. In a saucepan, boil almond milk and coconut milk together over medium low flame.
2. When it comes to boil, lower the flame and add cacao powder with honey and peppermint extract. Stir it well for 6-7 minutes.
3. Turn off the flame. Then in a ceramic mug pour the peppermint chocolate milk.
4. Top it with whipped cream and marshmallows.
Your peppermint hot chocolate is ready for slurping. Enjoy!