Palak Patta Chaat: A Tantalising Way To Relish Spinach
- Aishwarya Khanna
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Palak Patta Chaat is one dish that makes use of gram flour batter to coat the spinach leaves.
Have you noticed that a lot of Indian bistros are starting to centre their dishes around greens? We feel that that the inventions are super impressive, and ‘fresh’. The efforts of restaurants to introduce new world dishes are not going in vain.
Indian chaat recipes, too, are such that one has a lot of room to experiment. For instance, nowadays chaats include greens in an interesting way. Palak Patta Chaat is one dish that makes use of gram flour batter to coat the spinach leaves. Sounds interesting? When the leaves are fried, they take on a lip-smacking flavour. This might be the most underrated, yet tastiest chaats you would ever try. One that takes you on a roller coaster ride. What we love about the recipe is the interesting fusion between chaat and a fritter. Give it a go!
1 bowl Spinach leaves
1/2 bowl Gram flour
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 cup water
1 tablespoon Pomegranate seeds
1 bowl beaten yoghurt
A pinch of chaat masala
1 tablespoon tamarind chutney
1 tablespoon coriander chutney
1 tablespoon sev
Coriander leaves to garnish
Oil for frying
- Mix gram flour, water, red chilli and turmeric powder in a bowl. The batter should not have any lumps.
- Dip spinach leaves in the batter. Coat properly.
- Pour oil in a frying pan.
- Once the oil is hot, put the spinach leaves in.
- The batter should turn golden, yet translucent. This should take 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the fried spinach leaves from the pan and into a plate. Let it cool down.
- In a bowl, place the spinach leaves at the bottom. Now add beaten yoghurt, coriander chutney, tamarind chutney, pomegranate seeds, sev and chaat masala.
We hope that you will try this recipe. If you want, you may also add some boondi! Enjoy!