On World Chocolate Day, Try This Coffee Chocolate Pastry, A Signature Recipe Of Vivanta, Goa
- Ria Baidya
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
To commemorate the chocolate day, we bring you the recipe of coffee chocolate pastry which will satiate your sweet tooth to the core.
It wouldn’t be an understatement to say that chocolate is adored by everyone. Who doesn’t love this silky-luscious delight, that just melts in our mouth with the very first bite? Today, chocolate is even more special to us, as we are officially celebrating the existence of this divine food that came into our lives to spread pure happiness. Chocolate’s initial history began from ancient Mesoamerica (present day Mexico), which later became immensely popular in European countries around the 1500's. As per the legends, Anne of Austria, daughter of Spanish King Phillip III brought samples of chocolate to the royal courts of France to celebrate her union with French King Louis XIII. This paved the path for chocolate among the royal aristocrats who savoured this delight in luxe form. Later, commoners also got their hands on it. And as they say, the rest is history.
To commemorate the chocolate day, we bring you the recipe of coffee chocolate pastry which will satiate you to the core with its yummy flavours. Chocolate pastry is a quintessential pastry which is known for its rich and indulgent taste. The frosting of the pastry gives it an ambrosial touch to the dessert. In this recipe, coffee powder is also added with other ingredients to balance the sweetness of the dessert. You can surely try to make this delightful dessert at the comfort of your own home.
Here’s an easy coffee chocolate pasty recipe, By Chef Jose Thomas, Executive Chef – Vivanta Goa, Panaji
Ingredients For Almond Sponge:
- Almond powder - 120gm
- Icing Sugar - 120 gm
- Eggs - 3 nos.
- Caster Sugar - 15 gm
- Egg White - 110 ml
- Butter Unsalted (melted) – 25 gm
- Flour - 30 gm
1. In a bowl add almond powder, icing sugar, whole egg and flour. Whisk all the ingredients well and keep it aside.
2. In another bowl make meringue by beating egg whites and caster sugar together. Mix them well.
3. Now slowly fold the almond powder mixture with the prepared meringue, while gently adding the melted butter.
4. In 3 separate greased baking trays (approximate size 24 cm length and 7cm width), pour the mixture equally.
5. Let it bake for 10 minutes at 200*C.
Ingredients For Coffee Butter Cream:
- Sugar – 50 gm
- Water – 15 ml
- Unsalted Butter (soft) - 120 gm
- Egg White - 25 ml
- Coffee Powder – ½ tsp
1. Heat a skillet or non-stick pan then add sugar and water.
2. Start adding the egg whites while simultaneously combining the sugar-water mixture. Mix it well until it is stiff.
3. Lastly, add the coffee powder and butter and blend it together until the coffee buttercream is ready.
Ingredients For Ganache:
- Fresh Cream – 125 ml
- Dark Chocolate – 185 gm
- Butter - 20 gm
1. In a thick-bottom pan add the cream, chocolate and butter. Let it boil for 5 mins on a slow flame.
2. Make sure to continuously stir it.
Assembling Of The Coffee Chocolate Pastry:
1. Take a ceramic plate and place the sponge as the base.
2. Drizzle some sugar syrup.
3. Then spread the prepared coffee butter cream evenly.
4. Place another layer of sponge and again spread the ganache evenly to all sides.
5. Now place the last layer of the sponge and apply the butter cream. Make sure to cover it from all edges.
6. After that apply a generous amount of chocolate ganache on top. If you want you can cut the pastries into 6 pieces.
Your coffee chocolate pastry is done. Happy World Chocolate Day!!